+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds for international students

hoxhaj

Star Member
Jan 9, 2022
Hello everyone!
I will travel soon to Canada with study visa, and would like to know if I have to have exactly that amount of money that declared during my visa application in February or just minimum amount that is required? Because during my application I declared all my funds but now for my needs I spend some of them and I can't have the same amount ( I will have still 10K -11K CAD and tuition fee)

Akad

May 22, 2022
I guess, they won't match the amount with what you mentioned in your visa application. In my case, they didn't..
But you must declare the amount which you're bringing with you while you'll travel to Canada if it's above 10K..

Reactions: hoxhaj

Vicksy

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
I guess, they won't match the amount with what you mentioned in your visa application. In my case, they didn't..
But you must declare the amount which you're bringing with you while you'll travel to Canada if it's above 10K..
When you land as an international student, do you have to update your bank statement? I will have a bank statement from June 2022 this week and will fly to Canada around August for Sept 2022 intake.
Thanks.

Akad

May 22, 2022
I guess, no need to get new bank statement for such minor gap, they just want to see some amount with you for your initial expenses in Canada or whatever you showed them as your financial strength like GIC, cash etc..

hoxhaj

Star Member
Jan 9, 2022
When you land as an international student, do you have to update your bank statement? I will have a bank statement from June 2022 this week and will fly to Canada around August for Sept 2022 intake.
Thanks.
I sent my money in bank account in Canada and will have by cash some more. I also will fly in August for Sept 2022 intake. Which date is your flight? I will fly in 13 August, I think is not problem being 3 weeks before.

Reactions: Vicksy