+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds for International students

Myco

Jun 27, 2018
Hello
I am planning to apply for a study permit and i my relative is going to sponsor my education
How much do i need to be having on my personal account even when i will present my relative's bank statements in the proof of funds?
Do i need to have alot of money on my account too
Or the my relatives bank statements are enough to prove?

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Hello
I am planning to apply for a study permit and i my relative is going to sponsor my education
How much do i need to be having on my personal account even when i will present my relative's bank statements in the proof of funds?
Refer to the proof of financial support for a study permit on CIC website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/get-documents.html

artchic

Oct 10, 2018
Hi. I plan to pay my tuition fee for the first year in full. Does this mean I only have to show money for one year of living cost?

Rutva2596

Jul 10, 2018
hello everybody,

I need your advice. As I have shown enough funds for my student visa application for canada. But out of all the documents by mistake I also attached one Fixed deposit detail which we already withdrawn from the bank. So is it going to affect my visa application??

Please Give your suggestion ASAP.

sharko109

Nov 5, 2018
A). Study Permit application:
You must show via documents that you have at least the full 1st yr tuition + CAD$10,000. Your proof of this sum can be:
  1. Recent bank statement(s) in your name.
  2. Recent bank statement(s) of relatives who will be funding your international study expenses + Notarized letter from the parent/guardian/individual/organization who will be funding your study.
NB: See link - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/get-documents.html

B). Taking up Canadian study permit:

Walk with the study permit application approval documents supplied to you by CIC, as well as the following documents as they were used in your study permit application:
  1. Police Certificate
  2. Medical Exam form/sheet
  3. Letter of Acceptance from school & tuition payment receipt (if you have already paid any part of the tuition)
  4. Proof of funds letter/package
NB: See link - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare-arrival.html

Good luck!!
Hello Craigy,

Do you have the format of the letter from the relatives for sponsoring my international study expenses?

Thank you in advance

Oct 29, 2018
If your first year tuition is $15K, you need to show a bank balance that covers this tuition and $10K in living expenses - so you would need to show at least $25K to be approved for a study permit.

Note that there is no inland study permit application. You either have to apply through the visa office responsible for your home country or through a visa office in the US.
There are few exceptions to this... You can apply study permit from inland

I.D.S

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Hello I need help proving availability of funds. I have been accepted to an MA with 6500cad grad fellowship and TA-ship. I dont have a huge bank balance. But my husband is selling his car and depositing the money in my account. Will this be okay? My husband is also planning to accompany with on a TRV.

Eunna Ngen

Jan 27, 2019
Pls i wish to find out if a bank statement can be accepted from my employer (organisation) who is sponsoring my trip, or would i have to show a bank statement from a relative?

Zoo1231

Jan 31, 2019
Hello, I’m about to apply and my question was The bank statements we need to show as proof..does the first year tuition fee + living expenses need to be in the account every month or THE SUM of the amount in those 4 months should be equal to the expenses and tuition?

Reactions: Benjena

sabithcp

May 4, 2019
Hello
did you apply for visa this way.I am in a similar situation.i have no personal funds to show,i am planning to provide my relative as my sponsor.Is it possible

Jkilo

Feb 21, 2019
did you apply for visa this way.I am in a similar situation.i have no personal funds to show,i am planning to provide my relative as my sponsor.Is it possible
It is possible. Just provide proof of your employment as required and leave the proof of funds to your sponsor. I will be applying September and that's how I'll be presenting it. All the best and let me know how it went.