+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds for Federal Skilled Worker Program

gnazaryan

Aug 8, 2013
Hello Experts,

My permanent residency is approved for FSWP and in coming future I'll be moving to Canada. I am interested in Proof of Funds, I mean during my application I provided documents as proof of funds for a single person around 12000 CAD. So now as I'll be coming to Canada, should I cash ot and bring with me or just take a bank statement.

Can you provide a link where I can read about how I must bring my money with me.

Best Regards,
Grigor Nazaryan

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
gnazaryan said:
Hello Experts,

My permanent residency is approved for FSWP and in coming future I'll be moving to Canada. I am interested in Proof of Funds, I mean during my application I provided documents as proof of funds for a single person around 12000 CAD. So now as I'll be coming to Canada, should I cash ot and bring with me or just take a bank statement.

Can you provide a link where I can read about how I must bring my money with me.

Best Regards,
Grigor Nazaryan
Hi Grigor, you can bring all your cash to Canada just ensure you declare it at the airport. You can take your recent bank statement as POF to show source of the cash, that's all. But it might not be necessary as other travelers are bringing even more than that sometimes. All the best.

gnazaryan

Aug 8, 2013
Thanks for your answer,

one more question, I would be on the safe side if I just take a bank statement. Is it possible to take an official statement from bank and show on the borderline.

Best Regard,
Grigor

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gnazaryan said:
Thanks for your answer,

one more question, I would be on the safe side if I just take a bank statement. Is it possible to take an official statement from bank and show on the borderline.

Best Regard,
Grigor
Yes; as long as the funds are verifiable and you can show that you have instant access to the funds.