+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds for Federal Skilled Worker Program

Ashvinkumar

Jun 20, 2014
Hi all @

I am planing to apply for Federal Skilled Worker Program. I have arranged all the documents and almost everything is done.
My concern is about proof of funds !I have to show $18,097 as we are 3 family member including me. Anyhow i have managed this amount and deposited into my Bank Account but i can not keep this amount for very long time as we are not aware that when our application will start processing ?

My Questions

1) Is it compulsory to keep $18,097 funds into my bank account till my application start processing ?
2) Can i withdraw all or some part of this amount ?
3)What if i withdraw this amount and show again when asked by visa officer ?
3)Will it be negative point if i withdraw money and put back when i am asked to provide proof of funds
4) According to FSW checklist we can submit Current Bank Certificate Letter or Evidence of Saving Balance or Fixed or time deposit statement - Is it okay if i send fixed deposit along with bank certificate as proof of fuds so i don't have to cash out my fixed deposit.

I would be glad if anybody reply to this post.
Anybody who has been already applied for FSW please answer.

obaied

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ashvinkumar said:
Hi all @

I am planing to apply for Federal Skilled Worker Program. I have arranged all the documents and almost everything is done.
My concern is about proof of funds !I have to show $18,097 as we are 3 family member including me. Anyhow i have managed this amount and deposited into my Bank Account but i can not keep this amount for very long time as we are not aware that when our application will start processing ?

My Questions

1) Is it compulsory to keep $18,097 funds into my bank account till my application start processing ?
3)Will it be negative point if i withdraw money and put back when i am asked to provide proof of funds
4) According to FSW checklist we can submit Current Bank Certificate Letter or Evidence of Saving Balance or Fixed or time deposit statement - Is it okay if i send fixed deposit along with bank certificate as proof of fuds so i don't have to cash out my fixed deposit.

i havent applied yet but i will go for FDR and i will put the money (make the deposit) just before sending my application,
hope it will help to make ur decision
cheers ;D ;D ;D

grayninja2014

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ashvinkumar said:
Hi all @

My Questions

I already applied for FSW. I diversified my funds into Fixed Deposit and the regular savings balances.

I think it doesn't matter if it's fixed or not, as long as you can withdraw it immediately as soon as you're moving to Canada.

Just an opinion 8)

dipen_trivedi

Mar 4, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 SEP 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charged : 24 NOV 2014
Nomination.....
PER : 23 DEC 2014
AOR Received.
2ND LINE UPDATE : 16 MAR 2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
2 APR 2015
Med's Done....
15 APR 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15 MAY 2015
what to show in proof as fixed deposit?
only the photocopy of fixed deposit certificate will be ok ?

dipen_trivedi

Mar 4, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 SEP 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charged : 24 NOV 2014
Nomination.....
PER : 23 DEC 2014
AOR Received.
2ND LINE UPDATE : 16 MAR 2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
2 APR 2015
Med's Done....
15 APR 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15 MAY 2015
Thanks for your reply.
But on website they mention as Fixed deposit statement. So whats that ?

jackiechan

Aug 12, 2014
Hi

When are funds required to be shown? At the time of application or after submitting the application or after approval of residency?

grayninja2014

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jackiechan said:
Hi

When are funds required to be shown? At the time of application or after submitting the application or after approval of residency?
All of the above!

russellcmc

Jul 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Nomination.....
03-03-2015 (PER)
AOR Received.
20-04-2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
21-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2016 (PP sent 30-06-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2016 (PP Received 02-08-2016)
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
My spouse is accompanying me. Can I show the money of my spouse's account as a part of my proof of fund? ;D

prasadbhvn

May 30, 2014
Hi Seniors.

Can some one help me on proof of funds?.

My Father-in-law has a Fixed Deposit in Shreeram Chits Pvt Ltd which has the maturity date up to Nov 2014. He is willing to help us but he can not cancel the Fixed deposit it is matured on Nov 2014. How Can I show this fund as a proof?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
prasadbhvn said:
Hi Seniors.

Can some one help me on proof of funds?.

My Father-in-law has a Fixed Deposit in Shreeram Chits Pvt Ltd which has the maturity date up to Nov 2014. He is willing to help us but he can not cancel the Fixed deposit it is matured on Nov 2014. How Can I show this fund as a proof?
You can't. The money has to be in your name.

prasadbhvn

May 30, 2014
Ok then If my father-n-law changed to my wife's name. Was it acceptable?. She is also accompanying with me?
Secondly, what about the company as it is not a bank know, it is a private chit fund company. Is it liable for POF?.

chakri8385

Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-2014
Hello Folks,

My wife has a post office recurring deposit account for 5 years.
It was started in 2011 and will continue till Feb-2016. One of its feature is that Premature closure is allowed after three years. So currently we can close it if needed as we finished 3 years of its operation.

So can I show this as Proof of Funds for my application?

If yes, How would I prove that it can be closed after 3 years? Can I get the information about this type of account from Post Office's website and attach as the proof that it can be closed going forward whenever I need money?

I have only a pass book for this account. Would photocopies of these passbooks suffice as proof? Or do I have to submit any additional information?

Thanks & Regards
Chakri

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
prasadbhvn said:
Ok then If my father-n-law changed to my wife's name. Was it acceptable?. She is also accompanying with me?
Secondly, what about the company as it is not a bank know, it is a private chit fund company. Is it liable for POF?.
Yes - the account can be in your wife's name.

I don't know what a private chit fund company is and don't know if it will be accepted.

chakri8385

Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-2014
Hello Folks,

My wife has a post office recurring deposit account for 5 years.
It was started in 2011 and will continue till Feb-2016. One of its feature is that Premature closure is allowed after three years. So currently we can close it if needed as we finished 3 years of its operation.

So can I show this as Proof of Funds for my application?

If yes, How would I prove that it can be closed after 3 years? Can I get the information about this type of account from Post Office's website and attach as the proof that it can be closed going forward whenever I need money?

I have only a pass book for this account. Would photocopies of these passbooks suffice as proof? Or do I have to submit any additional information?

Sorry for the repeat but need suggestion on this.

Thanks & Regards
Chakri