+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds for Canadian Experience Class (Express Entry)?

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
Do I need proof of fund? I got my PR via Express Entry Canadian Experience Class and hence I did not submit proof of funds during Express Entry application. Is it going to be the same for landing process?

Reactions: MapleVivi

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Do I need proof of fund? I got my PR via Express Entry Canadian Experience Class and hence I did not submit proof of funds during Express Entry application. Is it going to be the same for landing process?
I am in the same boat. Have you successfully landed without showing a proof of funds?

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Not sure why my previous reply is deleted...
I am also a CEC, nope, not asked about proof of fund when I landed
I think this also applies to TADF chemist, right?
Thank you so much for your reply and reassurance! I'm leaving for Canada in three days, so I was panicking that someone said I would need one.

I think there's a glitch in the system right now.

Reactions: pityman

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so much for your reply and reassurance! I'm leaving for Canada in three days, so I was panicking that someone said I would need one.

I think there's a glitch in the system right now.
You can be asked to show POF. Not everyone is asked. Hard to know what determines who gets asked and who does not. If you weren’t require to provide POF fir your type of express entry you aren’t required to provide POF at landing.

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
You can be asked to show POF. Not everyone is asked. Hard to know what determines who gets asked and who does not. If you weren’t require to provide POF fir your type of express entry you aren’t required to provide POF at landing.
Assuming not every border officer knows the immigration rule completely, POF might still be asked for CEC, but this is by rule a wrong thing to do.