+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds - Fixed deposits help. Few days left to submit docs

renagupa

May 22, 2019
I have to show my Fixed deposits as my proof pf funds and my FD's make up my required amount. I have no single bank account on my name but all joint. I have been given FD advice by my bank which is a document indicating my name and also that it is cashable. Do i need to send a letter also on bank's official letterhead stating that it is a cashable FD? Kindly help. M

renagupa

May 22, 2019
I have to show my Fixed deposits as my proof pf funds and my FD's make up my required amount. I have no single bank account on my name but all joint. I have been given FD advice by my bank which is a document indicating my name and also that it is cashable. Do i need to send a letter also on bank's official letterhead stating that it is a cashable FD? Kindly help. M
Anyone please guide me.

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Anyone please guide me.
You need to ascertain that the document that you submit as POF complies with IRCC requirements stated on:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html
As stated on the webpage, the

"Letter(s) must:
  • be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
  • include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
  • include your name
  • list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
  • include, for each current bank and investment account, the
    • account numbers
    • date each account was opened
    • current balance of each account
    • average balance for the past 6 months "
It will of course be better if the letter clearly specifies that the FD's are cashable at any time, as needed by you.
Is the other joint account holder accompanying you to Canada? If the FD's are jointly held with your spouse, I've seen cases listed on this forum where such POF was accepted. If this indeed is the case, it may be better if you get a consent letter from your spouse (other joint account holder) that you are free to use the funds at will.