+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds - eStatment for online banking such as EQ bank

LGustavo

Apr 11, 2021
Hi all,

I received the invitation to apply under the CEC stream and I am preparing all the documentation. For the proof of funds, part of our money is located in a high-interest saving account in a bank called EQ bank. They don't have an agency, at least not in Calgary, so I cannot get a stamped and signed statement. I can only get an eStatement (in PDF). If I explain this in an LoE, will they accept this proof? Also, this account is shared between me and my wife, which is the main applicant in the PR. Thus far, I am responsible for all the money deposited there. I am explaining this in the LoE, attaching my BMO statements, and pointing all the transitions. Should I keep this or remove it?

Lastly, all her statements from BMO are eStatements that we downloaded from the website. We visited our BMO branch and they told us that the eStatement should be enough and that they don't write any letters. Is that normal? Should I explain this in the LoE as well?

Thank you in advance.

Z4Zoe

May 9, 2021
If your BMO account alone meets the line of settlement fund, I don't think you need to attach anything else.

My BMO branch does not write any letter either, but they do offer snapshot with stamp, which comes without account creation time though. So along with the most recent six-month bank statemens as required, I also attached the first e-statement I ever received for each account.

LGustavo

Apr 11, 2021
Thank you both for your reply.

If your BMO account alone meets the line of settlement fund, I don't think you need to attach anything else.

My BMO branch does not write any letter either, but they do offer snapshot with stamp, which comes without account creation time though. So along with the most recent six-month bank statemens as required, I also attached the first e-statement I ever received for each account.
The only problem with this document is that I was living at a different address, and I didn't want to create another confounding factor.

Up to my understanding You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class CEC.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145
I agree, but they do ask for proof of funds when we have to attach all of our files. So we were worried to do it the best way possible. I have some relatives that used eStatements, but they did through an agency and I don't know if the agency wrote some sort of justification.