+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds during Landing

siara

Dec 29, 2017
Hi All,

We are a family of two landing in Toronto in next few days.
Can someone please help clarify on below query.

While submitting my Canada FSW PR application, for POF, i took a letter from my bank (ICICI bank) stating that i have CAD $16,000 in my account and it can be readily utilized. I got my PR visa successfully.

Now, for landing,

1. I am going to get similar letter but with most recent account balance. I will produce the same as POF during my landing. I am hoping immigration officer should be fine with this.

2. Apart from this, we will carry CAD $2000 for our initial expenses. For the remaining amount (i.e CAD $14000), we will get ICICI travel card. My bank said, they will load this card with remaining amount and we can then use this card in Canada to withdraw cash from any ATM. Since it takes time to open bank account, we will use travel card until then.

My worry is, is there any issue in above approach?
Any one successfully landed using travel card (as mentioned above)?

Please note: At the moment, we would like to avoid opening an account in Canadian bank from India.......since we only have 6-7 days to our travel.

Thanks in Advance,
Siara

keeratsingh

Jul 3, 2017
New Delhi
Hi All,

While submitting my Canada FSW PR application, for POF, i took a letter from my bank (ICICI bank) stating that i have CAD $16,000 in my account and it can be readily utilized. I got my PR visa successfully.

Now, for landing,

1. I am going to get similar letter but with most recent account balance. I will produce the same as POF during my landing. I am hoping immigration officer should be fine with this.

2. Apart from this, we will carry CAD $2000 for our initial expenses. For the remaining amount (i.e CAD $14000), we will get ICICI travel card. My bank said, they will load this card with remaining amount and we can then use this card in Canada to withdraw cash from any ATM. Since it takes time to open bank account, we will use travel card until then.

Please note: At the moment, we would like to avoid opening an account in Canadian bank from India.......since we only have 6-7 days to our travel.

Thanks in Advance,
Siara
Hi Siara. From what I have read and heard you are not asked about POF on landing. However it is better to be over-cautious wherever you can. You account balance certificate from bank should suffice. Travel cards are just fine so no issues there. Please go ahead and good luck for a new life in Canada.
Cheers...

Last edited:

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi All,

Now, for landing,

Thanks in Advance,
Siara
Its absolutely fine. Your planning is good.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi All,

Now, for landing,

Thanks in Advance,
Siara
Please share your landing experience

Meow1234

Oct 8, 2017
Hello,

I have a query regarding how to carry proof of funds while first landing in Çanada.

1) For a Single Applicant, the proof of funds that has to be declared while filing the PR application is Approx. 12K CAD.

Do I need to carry this entire amount to Canada in the form of cash, Forex card, DD Etc ?

2) If the answer to the above is a YES then as per the below links, do I need to declare the amount at the immigration ?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/prepare-life-canada/border-entry.html
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/ttd-vdd-eng.html

3) If I plan to carry an amount of 6k CAD as a combo of cash, forex card and DD along with a Bank Statement of 12k CAD from My Indian bank account, then do I have to declare at the immigration ?

Will it be considered as I am carrying 6K CAD thats below 10K CAD - Hence no declaration needed ?
OR
Will it be considered 6K CAD + 12K CAD - hence declaration needed ???

Does the 10K CAD declaration also include the bank letter ?

Thanking you in advance.