+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds-Doubt

Libin3391

Jul 23, 2020
Hello all,

Actually I got my invite on 8th July 2020, Now while figuring out funds I broke my FD of 5 Lakhs and my dad transferred an amount of 2.5 Lakhs into an account(SBI account) which I recently made after getting invite that's 9th July 2020
Now my consultant told me that the new account can be viewed with suspicion so I transferred it to my salary account(ICICI bank account) which is 6 years old.but now when I went to make a gift deed for the funds it requires my dad's account number through which funds were transferred..but in my case I just transferred it from my new account(SBI account) to my old account(ICICI account).now I am confused as I. What to do shall I put a LOE?

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Get gift deed from dad to SBI account.
Show statement of SBI account for receiving the said gift. The same statement shows transferring the amount to another account.
Show your icici account statement for amount received from your other account. This statement also shows the other 500k required.

Explain it all simply stating that you kept all the amount in a single account for simplicity of getting bank forms and letters, because SBI could not provide the certificate as per IRCC requirements.

Reactions: sunanand

sunanand

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Get gift deed from dad to SBI account.
Show statement of SBI account for receiving the said gift. The same statement shows transferring the amount to another account.
Show your icici account statement for amount received from your other account. This statement also shows the other 500k required.

Explain it all simply stating that you kept all the amount in a single account for simplicity of getting bank forms and letters, because SBI could not provide the certificate as per IRCC requirements.

Hi, I'm getting a gift deed from my father. Is it enough to show the current months bank statement? because i haven't maintained good balance in the account i'm getting it transferred to.

Thanks in advance

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
It doesn't matter what account you're getting a gift in, maintained or not. The only thing that matters is that is your account, and states your name same as on your passport.

IRCC requires your overall balance (your balance in all the accounts combined) to be enough to qualify for the pool. Anything less will be rejected.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Or if you do not wish to show your SBI account, get the funds transferred from your dad to icici bank directly. Removes the hassle of SBI account altogether

sunanand

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
It doesn't matter what account you're getting a gift in, maintained or not. The only thing that matters is that is your account, and states your name same as on your passport.

IRCC requires your overall balance (your balance in all the accounts combined) to be enough to qualify for the pool. Anything less will be rejected.
So, If i get a letter from my bank stating my balance and credentials, I dont have to show past 6 months statement?