+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds Doubt

singhkartik3

Star Member
Jun 30, 2016
In view of the below post, it seems that we need to show bank statements for past 6 months. However, in the past 6 months, I have not had much balance in my account.
1. Is it okay if someone from my family can transfer some lump-sum amount in my account temporarily to show the same as a proof of funds ?
2. Is there any justification I shall need to show for suddenly having money in my bank account ?

Thanks
-----------------------------------------
"Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)

"If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile.

Your financial profile includes a listing of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts. The official letter must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include your name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the account numbers, dates of when each account was opened and the balance of each account over the previous 6 months.

You must scan all proof of funds documents and save them as one file."

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Execute that transaction as a gift deed.

singhkartik3 said:
In view of the below post, it seems that we need to show bank statements for past 6 months. However, in the past 6 months, I have not had much balance in my account.
1. Is it okay if someone from my family can transfer some lump-sum amount in my account temporarily to show the same as a proof of funds ?
2. Is there any justification I shall need to show for suddenly having money in my bank account ?

Thanks
-----------------------------------------
"Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)

"If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile.

Your financial profile includes a listing of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts. The official letter must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include your name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the account numbers, dates of when each account was opened and the balance of each account over the previous 6 months.

You must scan all proof of funds documents and save them as one file."

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
singhkartik3 said:
Thanks Jairichi. Excuse me for my naivety. However, is there some form of proof I shall have to show for that ? :)
This thread should be renamed to "Proof of funds lie"

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Bottom line is it seems you do not have the required funds. If your family is willing to GIFT (not loan) you the funds needed, you're in the clear.

Otherwise to claim you have the funds when a loan made up the difference is lying to the Canadian government.

singhkartik3

Star Member
Jun 30, 2016
mgnlky said:
Bottom line is it seems you do not have the required funds. If your family is willing to GIFT (not loan) you the funds needed, you're in the clear.

Otherwise to claim you have the funds when a loan made up the difference is lying to the Canadian government.
Okay I think you have got me wrong. Its not that I don't have funds. Its just that its not in my bank account but in my parents account. Which is why I was asking if they can transfer it to my account, will it be an issue.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
singhkartik3 said:
Okay I think you have got me wrong. Its not that I don't have funds. Its just that its not in my bank account but in my parents account. Which is why I was asking if they can transfer it to my account, will it be an issue.
Only if you can't provide proof as to where this huge lump sum came from. Get a notorised gift certificate.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
singhkartik3 said:
If it's your money in their account, why would they "temporarily" transfer it into yours as your original post states?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
mgnlky said:
If it's your money in their account, why would they "temporarily" transfer it into yours as your original post states?

*Grabs popcorn* - the excuse is gonna be good

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
singhkartik3 said:

Thanks
What you are saying is you made an EE profile stating you had the money. You actually didn't and your balance for the past few months has been low. You're asking that if your parents can just move some money into your account to match the profile amount.

Canada have worked out people do this and to avoid it they are checking to see your average balance for the last 6 months. They want a financial letter from your bank stating your average balance for the last 6 months. If you can't do that then you need bank statements.

If you suddenly get money transferred in you have to explain how and why you got it.
If it's a gift from your patents you have to prove its a gift, usually through a gift certificate.

You may be asked to prove you still have e the funds at any time during your application and at landing.

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 24th, 2016
Guys, do you know if I have to provide $12k CAD proof of fund if I'm invited under PNP? in my EE profile, I'm eligible for CEC too, and I didn't provide any POF in my PNP stage.

The average balance in my bank account is only around ~$6k CAD. Can I use my car loan (~$10k CAD) as a POF?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
KrispyKreamKonnoisseur said:
Guys, do you know if I have to provide $12k CAD proof of fund if I'm invited under PNP? in my EE profile, I'm eligible for CEC too, and I didn't provide any POF in my PNP stage.

The average balance in my bank account is only around ~$6k CAD. Can I use my car loan (~$10k CAD) as a POF?
If you're invited under CEC then no, if you're eligible and invited under FSW then yes. I'm eligible for both atm but have the funds ready.

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 24th, 2016
kryt0n said:
If you're invited under CEC then no, if you're eligible and invited under FSW then yes. I'm eligible for both atm but have the funds ready.
In my ITA letter, they said they are inviting me under the PNP (BC PNP), and I applied for BC PNP under CEC stream.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
KrispyKreamKonnoisseur said:
In my ITA letter, they said they are inviting me under the PNP (BC PNP), and I applied for BC PNP under CEC stream.
Not 100% sure but if it only indicates CEC and not FSW you shouldn't be asked for pof