+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds documents for OINP - Master's Graduate Stream

Timrepy Duts

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Hello,

I recently moved outside of Canada as I finished my education and graduated. I hold both a Bachelor's and a Master's degree (both from Canada). I'm looking for help with proof of funds documents. Here is some information about my current status.

- I was employed in Canada, but never reached the required hours for EE. I have evidence I was paid above the minimum pay for at least 9 months.
- I have a Canadian Bank account, but since I moved outside of Canada, there are no funds in it (I took out most of money in cash).
- I will be receiving money from my parents to help me reach over the required amount of 13k.
- I am planning on opening a bank account in my home country. I plan on depositing the money into this bank and having my parents sign a gift deed letter.

My questions:
- Should I still provide statements from my old jobs and Canadian bank account for the last 3 months+?
- Is it OK to open a bank account here and and deposit the money in my bank account if it's just opened now, or should I transfer my money to my Canadian bank account?
- If I receive gift money, is the signed letter from my parents enough? Does it have to be notarized?

What can I do to increase my chances of success? Thank you for reading and helping.