+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds Documentation and EE Reference Number

RGH80

Feb 13, 2013
I'm working on my FSW application and it's thrown up two questions so far:

For proof of funds, I was expecting to just upload a recent statement from one of my savings accounts, but the guidance notes seem to want a convoluted letter from my financial institution showing my entire financial profile - which is difficult seeing as I have more than one financial institution and they can only speak for the accounts I have with them.

What do people typically upload?

Secondly, where do I find my reference number to give to the doctors when I book my medical? Is it the application number that's prefixed with an E?

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
RGH80 said:
I'm working on my FSW application and it's thrown up two questions so far:

For proof of funds, I was expecting to just upload a recent statement from one of my savings accounts, but the guidance notes seem to want a convoluted letter from my financial institution showing my entire financial profile - which is difficult seeing as I have more than one financial institution and they can only speak for the accounts I have with them.

What do people typically upload?

Secondly, where do I find my reference number to give to the doctors when I book my medical? Is it the application number that's prefixed with an E?
I uploaded both the recent bank statement from my bank, as well as the Year to Date Statement showing the balance of my retirement account. I use RBC, and upon reaching out to them directly for a letter, I was told CIC will accept the bank statement and to just use that.

If you are doing an upfront medical, you will not have the UCI number to provide. If you tell them it's upfront, they should do the exam anyways (at least mine did).

mfsbf_87

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
I uploaded both the recent bank statement from my bank, as well as the Year to Date Statement showing the balance of my retirement account. I use RBC, and upon reaching out to them directly for a letter, I was told CIC will accept the bank statement and to just use that.

If you are doing an upfront medical, you will not have the UCI number to provide. If you tell them it's upfront, they should do the exam anyways (at least mine did).
Hi, I'm in the same situation right now. RBC won't issue me a letter with the exact info CIC asks. Did it work out for you?

guilgomes1093

Mar 6, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-03-2019
Doc's Request.
06-03-2019
AOR Received.
03-04-2019
Passport Req..
08-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2019
LANDED..........
18-08-2019

That's it.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Hi, I'm in the same situation right now. RBC won't issue me a letter with the exact info CIC asks. Did it work out for you?
It worked for me. I've been in Canada for 2 years.