+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds document from BOA

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Hi,

Has anyone successfully used a POF document from Bank of America for the express entry process.

I got a letter from BOA but it has very few details and they are refusing to add more details unfortunately :(

For proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you’re keeping money.

Letter(s) must

• be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
  • include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
  • include your name
  • list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
  • include, for each current bank and investment account, the
    • account numbers
    • date each account was opened
    • current balance of each account
    • average balance for the past 6 months
The letter from BOA does not include complete contact information like telephone # and email, just a PO box/address. Similarly we don't have any outstanding debts (except minor credit cards for monthly expenses).

Is this a problem? Or is such a letter ok? Should I add some explanation for this in LOE or elsewhere?

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
Ask the banker to sign and attach his/her name card with all the contact info. If not attach 6 months of bank statements.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi,

Has anyone successfully used a POF document from Bank of America for the express entry process.

I got a letter from BOA but it has very few details and they are refusing to add more details unfortunately :(

The letter from BOA does not include complete contact information like telephone # and email, just a PO box/address. Similarly we don't have any outstanding debts (except minor credit cards for monthly expenses).

Is this a problem? Or is such a letter ok? Should I add some explanation for this in LOE or elsewhere?
You can include last 6 months statements in addition. The letter is fine, that's their standard letter and it works.

Reactions: ryeCatcher