+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds - do I need spouse's bank statements too?

Bruger18

Apr 11, 2023
Hello

I'm including proof of funds for our joint account. My spouse transferred money from his personal account to our joint account. Do I need statements from all his banks too?

Thanks

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello

I'm including proof of funds for our joint account. My spouse transferred money from his personal account to our joint account. Do I need statements from all his banks too?

Thanks
Did that transaction of moving POF money from personal to join account happened within the last 6 months? If no, then there's no need to show spouse's bank account statements.

Bruger18

Apr 11, 2023
Did that transaction of moving POF money from personal to join account happened within the last 6 months? If no, then there's no need to show spouse's bank account statements.
Thank you for your quick response! No, we haven't moved it yet but we are planning to move it to the joint account to show proof of funds. I imagined if it was kept in his account, we need further letters of explanation to explain I have access to the funds. But from your response, I'm understanding if it's transferred now, we'd still need letters to explain, right?