+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds declaration during Landing

sand0987

May 29, 2014
Hi All,

I have PNP nomination from Nova Scotia and have been approved PR, I am planning to finish my landing formalities end of this month for a week and then plan to return for winding down later.

Anyone who recently completed their landing formalities and immigration procedure can you please let me know if will they also accept Fixed Deposits and Bank statements totalling up to the amount required for POF which I produced during the application process or if there is specific form in which I need to declare as stated by CIC(such as DD or TC)?

I want to avoid unnecessary conversion of currency if possible as I am only planning to stay for a week.

Any advice in this regard is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Sand0987

JJH

Jul 3, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-Mar-2016
Hi sand0987,

We, me and my family, completed a short landing at Vancouver last 2 weeks ago. Though I did prepare TC for POF, the immigration officer did not ask for it. All I had to show was COPR only.

Regards,
JJH

Hi All,

I have PNP nomination from Nova Scotia and have been approved PR, I am planning to finish my landing formalities end of this month for a week and then plan to return for winding down later.

Anyone who recently completed their landing formalities and immigration procedure can you please let me know if will they also accept Fixed Deposits and Bank statements totalling up to the amount required for POF which I produced during the application process or if there is specific form in which I need to declare as stated by CIC(such as DD or TC)?

I want to avoid unnecessary conversion of currency if possible as I am only planning to stay for a week.

Any advice in this regard is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Sand0987

manmeet23

Oct 28, 2012
I do have the same query plus these days banks are not offering TC and TD instead they are pushing for forex card and the statement of funds in the card.

Anyone who has recently landed, pls share your experience.

MPNPapplicant

Jun 10, 2017
Nomination.....
31-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
Med's Request
13-09-2016
I also landed recently but nice border officer didn't ask me to show proof of fund. All he wanted was COPR. He didn't even required our visa. Good luck.

naeembadil

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Dear,
They don't ask any thing about the money you have with you. Even u have 1 $ they don't bother. It's your will either have or not.
Naeem badil