+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds - confusion - credit card

rishirajsing

Aug 14, 2018
Hello,

I am providing my bank letter head for proof of funds.
Now I have searched forum and didn't find concrete answer for the below mentioned questions.

Q - do I need to show bank statements ? If yes then :

1. It has some transactions to those accounts which I am not planning to show ? So can this leads to further verification / queries to show those accounts
2. Some of the transctions have been specifically mentioned for Credit Cards bill payment ? Does it mean I have to show Credit Card details also ?

3. If I have to show Credit Cards , then will the pdf Credit Card Bill Statements will do ? My bank will not stamp it for sure ? Will that be fine ?

Please guide

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello,

I am providing my bank letter head for proof of funds.
Now I have searched forum and didn't find concrete answer for the below mentioned questions.

Q - do I need to show bank statements ? If yes then :

No need to show bank statements if you can get letter from bank with the details specified on IRCC website.

1. It has some transactions to those accounts which I am not planning to show ? So can this leads to further verification / queries to show those accounts

Haven't seen a case like this on forums here

2. Some of the transctions have been specifically mentioned for Credit Cards bill payment ? Does it mean I have to show Credit Card details also ?

No

3. If I have to show Credit Cards , then will the pdf Credit Card Bill Statements will do ? My bank will not stamp it for sure ? Will that be fine ?

if you want to show credit cards simple pdf statements should be enough.

Please guide

Reactions: rishirajsing

rishirajsing

Aug 14, 2018
None of this matters if your first and last statement shows a balance more than the required amount. You don't have to show credit card statements
Thanks for quick response.
But the first 4 months (out of 6) have less than the required amount. But last 2 months my amount was above the required amount. Will that be an issue ?

The major source was my salary
Other small source was : my previous fixed deposit was ended 4 months back and money got transferred to saving account.
Do I need to explain that in LOE

Last edited:

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Thanks for quick response.
But the first 4 months (out of 6) have less than the required amount. But last 2 months my amount was above the required amount. Will that be an issue ?

The major source was my salary
Other small source was : my previous fixed deposit was ended 4 months back and money got transferred to saving account.
Do I need to explain that in LOE
Yes you need to show the fixed deposit closure transaction

rishirajsing

Aug 14, 2018
Actually, 6 months average is less than the required amount. But current balance is quite above the required amount.

Will that be a problem ?