+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds CEC

Jan 18, 2017
Hi did anyone entered amount of money bringing to Canada as $O, as they got invitation under Canadian Experience Class and got approved for permanent residence? If so, what to mention in letter of explanation?

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
This should help you

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer.

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Canadianimmigrant said:
How much money should I enter in the application for "amount your bringing to Canada question?"
My Rep (lawyer) printed out the page from CIC stating that no funds are required, highlighted the necessary statements and attached that in the PoF section on the application.

vinay.bush

Dec 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
thinkshady said:
This should help you

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer.
Hi,

I got ITA under CEC and worries about Proof of funds.
Do I need to have a full-time job in order to be exempted from showing proof of funds or 2 years continuous part-time non seasonal will do?
Employer gave me a reference letter letter saying I will be offered full-time permanent job under the same NOC category as soon as I get approved for Permanent residency.
Do you think this will help? And I dont have to show any funds?
Let me know your thoughts please.

Thanks

Jan 18, 2017
Zimprincess said:
My Rep (lawyer) printed out the page from CIC stating that no funds are required, highlighted the necessary statements and attached that in the PoF section on the application.

Do you know what amount did he enter in application for question " how much money ur bringing from your country"

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Canadianimmigrant said:
Do you know what amount did he enter in application for question " how much money ur bringing from your country"
You just need to upload LOE stating you are invited under CEC and attach the PDF file that you received during ITA.

zfx610

Jan 15, 2017
Canadianimmigrant said:
I put 0, since I already in Canada and this question doesn't apply to me. it didn't ask me how much money I currently have in canada