+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

----Proof of FUNDS---- CEC -----Urgent

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Goku said:
Which link is of skilled trades ?

Original question was about POF for those applying under CEC. So I went on from there. :)

Btw Canadian Experience class, Federal skilled workers and Skilled trade worker are 3 different program. So what you said " I think this applies for CEC's who are in skilled trades" doesn't make any sense to me.
The first link talks about skilled trades. Al though, the hyperlink has the word cec.
Ok. I have almost zero knowledge on skilled trades.

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
CEC does not have the minimum fund requirement. However, you will be required to prove the fund you entered in EE question.
FSW has the minimum fund requirement and you need to prove that, unless you have LMIA.

I put much less than minimum fund requirement but still eligible CEC and in the pool.

I have a question though and if any of you can help me that will be great: let's say my bank account balance was around 5k for the most of time for last 6 months, but was down to 2k at some point during the time. Would I need to 2k or 5k?

Thanks

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
ee2015 said:
CEC does not have the minimum fund requirement. However, you will be required to prove the fund you entered in EE question.
FSW has the minimum fund requirement and you need to prove that, unless you have LMIA.

I put much less than minimum fund requirement but still eligible CEC and in the pool.

I have a question though and if any of you can help me that will be great: let's say my bank account balance was around 5k for the most of time for last 6 months, but was down to 2k at some point during the time. Would I need to 2k or 5k?

Thanks
ee2105, could you please share the link which says there is no need of min funds for CEC applicants?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I'm calling to ask now. will let you know asap

music44

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So if anyone who came in Canada as international student and than working on OWP, dont need to show POF??

And does it fall under skill trade or just CEC?

And Fund which we show should be average or just normal balance??

krutarth

Feb 4, 2015
Hi my rank is 420 and I am on my implied status right now. My question is can I borrow some money from my uncle and keep it in my account until I get my PR or should I have to take that money from my parents in back home?

sparrow

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14, 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 21,2012 Sponsorship Approval: Aug 14, 2012
Med's Done....
May 2, 2012
Passport Req..
Dec 27, 2012 Passport Sent: Dec 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 30 ,2013
LANDED..........
soon
krutarth said:
Hi my rank is 420 and I am on my implied status right now. My question is can I borrow some money from my uncle and keep it in my account until I get my PR or should I have to take that money from my parents in back home?
well that money should stay in your account for atleast 6 months prior to the day you got ITA if ever you wanna borrow, not just that, you have to bring the money with you coz you will show your POF in any form in your first port of entry in canada, otherwise you may get in trouble and they might send you back home...

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys for Proof of Fund, if you get an ITA under CEC class, you don't have to show "Proof of Fund".

However, for those of you who got ITA under FSW have to show Proof of Fund by not borrowing money from others. In the below for FSW category, they explicitly had mentioned about fund.(Technically person living in Canada and working don't have to show proof of fund).

CIC mentioned in a straight manner "You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you)"
So that means, person coming from outside and need to support his/her family financially must have to show Proof of Fund(that means it's not apply to the people who already living in Canada & Working)

I have even entered 7000$ which is less than the FSW minimum POF requirement, but I am still qualified for both FSW and CEC (Technically I shouldn't qualify for FSW if I don't have enough but system accept me for FSW category too, that surprise for me too)

Guys, if I m wrong plz correct me without hesitation.

Cheers!

krutarth

Feb 4, 2015
prishah said:
Guys for Proof of Fund, if you get an ITA under CEC class, you don't have to show "Proof of Fund".

However, for those of you who got ITA under FSW have to show Proof of Fund by not borrowing money from others. In the below for FSW category, they explicitly had mentioned about fund.(Technically person living in Canada and working don't have to show proof of fund).

CIC mentioned in a straight manner "You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you)"
So that means, person coming from outside and need to support his/her family financially must have to show Proof of Fund(that means it's not apply to the people who already living in Canada & Working)

Guys, if I m wrong plz correct me without hesitation.

Cheers!
I am living in Canada but my work permit expired in January. I apply for extension but they will refuse it for sure. Once I get refusal I will not eligible to work in Canada. So do I still need to show POF?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I'm applying for CEC but I don't live in Canada or have an LMIA.

Do I need the min requirement? I have stated $5000 and EE says I am still eligible.

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@krutarth , based on your question , your work permit is under process of reissuing ?

Let's say if they reissuing your PGWP , you don't have to worry about "Proof of Fund" you can enter what ever funds you have

If they refused to reissuing your PGWP, then you are no longer applicable for Express Entry CEC for PR unfortunately. :'(

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
kryt0n said:
I'm applying for CEC but I don't live in Canada or have an LMIA.

Do I need the min requirement? I have stated $5000 and EE says I am still eligible.
If you get ITA under CEC then you don't need POF.

As you have LMIA and if you are currently working in Canada then you don't need POF even if you receive ITA from FSW.

Froze950

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Goku said:
If you get ITA under CEC then you don't need POF.

As you have LMIA and if you are currently working in Canada then you don't need POF even if you receive ITA from FSW.

But has anybody received ITA under CEC if they do not have LMIA ???