+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds but no bank letter, only 6 months statement

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My bank is refusing to provide any letter and insist they can only provide savings bank a/c 6 months old statement print out which they will sign & stamp.

Will that be ok for my application as I dont have other options ? Please advise ?

Can someone in same situation who has applied for PR share their experience.

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
nokia3315 said:
My bank is refusing to provide any letter and insist they can only provide 6 months old statement print out which they will sign & stamp.

Will that be ok for my application as I dont have other options ? Please advise ?

Can someone in same situation who has applied for PR share their experience.
6 months statements are not what CIC requires but is the only option left when banks refuse to comply. Are they not giving you any letter at all? Banks usually give a Balance certificate. Try to send your bank an e-mail query if your lucky they'll reply back stating they cannot provide you the letter. You can use that as part of your LOE.

sunichak

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What proof of fund are you showing? A savings account with required balance or any other source such as fixed deposit. If it is other source, then you need not worry. If savings account is the only proof you have, then you should provide letter of explanation explaining your current situation. I would let experts answer more in detail.

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joelmath thanks for the reply. the bank email thingy is a good point and will try to request if bank officer can hit me reply back from their branch email address. Unless they forward me to contact customer service thing or just stick to oral denial.

sunichak also thanks for the reply. its a savings a/c & i have now updated that info in my main question as well.

I am still waiting for more opinions & experiences.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Submit the following.

1. 6 months statement duly signed by bank officials.

2. A letter from the bank on its letterhead identifying you as a bona fide customer and providing basic details including account number, opening date, current balance etc. This should be simple to obtain from any bank in the World - always remember that you are the creditor here, they owe you money so demand this service!

3. If that letter is still not possible, get the 6 month statements printed on bank stationery which mentions their name, address, URL, phone number etc. Attach a short LOE highlighting the bank's refusal to provide you a simple letter instead of these statements and upload that as well.

All the best!

Mrnassaro

Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Submit the following.

1. 6 months statement duly signed by bank officials.

2. A letter from the bank on its letterhead identifying you as a bona fide customer and providing basic details including account number, opening date, current balance etc. This should be simple to obtain from any bank in the World - always remember that you are the creditor here, they owe you money so demand this service!

3. If that letter is still not possible, get the 6 month statements printed on bank stationery which mentions their name, address, URL, phone number etc. Attach a short LOE highlighting the bank's refusal to provide you a simple letter instead of these statements and upload that as well.

All the best!
Sorry to interrupt , but what is exactly required for CIC as poof of fund ? I have a savings account where i deposit a fixed amount monthly is this enough or do i need anything else ?? ( i have also a car registered in my name as well ) ?

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
Mrnassaro said:
Sorry to interrupt , but what is exactly required for CIC as poof of fund ? I have a savings account where i deposit a fixed amount monthly is this enough or do i need anything else ?? ( i have also a car registered in my name as well ) ?
[/quot

@ Mrnassaro : details are under "proof of funds" section in the link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Mrnassaro

Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joelmath said:
Mrnassaro said:
[/quot

@ Mrnassaro : details are under "proof of funds" section in the link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp