+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof Of Funds- Blood relation or any relative?

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Thank you for replying Sir.
I understand that money gifted by non blood relative is taxable.
But with a valid and strong gift deed, will it be acceptable.
I am not sure. It is an uncommon occurrence for people not related to you by blood or marriage to give out huge amount of money, because, they love you like a son.

Another way could be, have the old couple gift the money to a relative by blood/marriage, and then, have the relative by blood/marriage gift the money to me. Bank statements of the donor is not required.

Reactions: a.abhiman

a.abhiman

Oct 27, 2020
I am not sure. It is an uncommon occurrence for people not related to you by blood or marriage to give out huge amount of money, because, they love you like a son.

Another way could be, have the old couple gift the money to a relative by blood/marriage, and then, have the relative by blood/marriage gift the money to me. Bank statements of the donor is not required.

Dear Sir,
I'm applying under self employed program as a script writer (movies). The processing time for this goes for 24 months.

I will be paid by my previous clients in next 3/4 months. They didn't pay last year due to covid. So I will have funds in next 4 months. Now I've 1/3rd of required 13k CAD$.

So should I wait till I get the whole 13k in my account or can I proceed now..