+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds: bank problem

Greatmouse

Nov 16, 2016
I have been researching online for a bit, but could not find the answer... My bank is giving me a lot of trouble with regards to providing a proof of funds letter. They kept saying that letters of specific format needs a long time to go through their legal department and kept me waiting for weeks. Now I am about to miss my deadline very soon. It is actually a lot faster to just ditch the bank and transfer the money else where. However, I am not sure if I providing a balance certificate with a new bank account and 6 months online statements of the old bank account and some information about a transfer would be sufficient for CIC... Anyone has experience? suggestions? warnings? Thanks!

It is so sad that the most straightforward documents generates so much trouble...

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
I think people have had success with submitting six months of bank statements, and perhaps a banking reference letter to show you are in good standing with the bank. If your bank doesn't provide the exact letter that CIC wants, then that's not your fault, but you do have to make all reasonable accomodations. You should also explain your situation in your Letter of Explanation.

Greatmouse

Nov 16, 2016
jamezmoran said:
I think people have had success with submitting six months of bank statements, and perhaps a banking reference letter to show you are in good standing with the bank. If your bank doesn't provide the exact letter that CIC wants, then that's not your fault, but you do have to make all reasonable accomodations. You should also explain your situation in your Letter of Explanation.
Thank you! Now I have to go back and fight for a good standing letter with them.

Also, does it matter if I changed the amount that I entered for the EE profile and the amount that I declare in the actual application? Both the amounts are over the required limit, it is one less bank to deal with if I reduce the amount a little bit.

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Greatmouse said:
Thank you! Now I have to go back and fight for a good standing letter with them.

Also, does it matter if I changed the amount that I entered for the EE profile and the amount that I declare in the actual application? Both the amounts are over the required limit, it is one less bank to deal with if I reduce the amount a little bit.
As long as the value you changed it to does not affect your eligibility (i.e is still above the required funds needed for someone in your situation to immigrate), I don't think it would matter.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
Greatmouse said:
I have been researching online for a bit, but could not find the answer... My bank is giving me a lot of trouble with regards to providing a proof of funds letter. They kept saying that letters of specific format needs a long time to go through their legal department and kept me waiting for weeks. Now I am about to miss my deadline very soon. It is actually a lot faster to just ditch the bank and transfer the money else where. However, I am not sure if I providing a balance certificate with a new bank account and 6 months online statements of the old bank account and some information about a transfer would be sufficient for CIC... Anyone has experience? suggestions? warnings? Thanks!

It is so sad that the most straightforward documents generates so much trouble...
I didn't take any letter from bank.
I took a current status (op/closing dates, balance) on bank's official letterhead.
I also submitted online statements for past 6 months.
Did not have any problem getting PR :)