+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds - Bank doesn't offer Average

aguscoria

Jul 2, 2018
Hello community,

I received an ITA on Jan 10th and I am currently having trouble with my proof of funds bank letter.

Of the different specs for the letter, these are the ones that my bank can generate:
  • be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead - YES
  • include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address) - YES
  • include your name - YES
  • list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans - YES
  • include, for each current bank and investment account:
    • account numbers - YES
    • the date each account was opened - YES
    • the current balance of each account - YES
    • the average balance for the past six months - NO
By law all bank representatives in my country can't have access to data that is older than 2 months. So, if I were to want to include averages per month, I'd have to calculate them myself. The thing is, I have access to monthly bank statements, but these are generated automatically once per month in my account and they are generated at a random day of each month (i.e.: Jan 10th 2019, Dec 6th 2018) and they show only the balance for that single day. I could not, for example, obtain the balance for Dec 31st and Dec 1st to calculate the average for December.

Would a letter with the balance at random days of the last 6 months suffice?

Thanks in advance for the help!

aguscoria

Jul 2, 2018
Print out your bank statements for the last 6 months and submit those along with the letter
Thank you for the advice. I thougth about that option. The thing is, each monthly bank statement is 10 pages long and they are in Spanish, translating those 60 pages is roughly 1.5k USD in cost.

Nov 12, 2018
Hi Friends,
I have a query regarding POF, please help. I got all the money credited in my account within last 30 days from four different sources:
1. Transfer from Father's Account (20%)
2. Cash Deposit (20%)
3. Transfer from Mother's Account (10%)
4. Transfer from savings account (self) in a different bank (50%)
Question 1: Do I need to justify source for Cash Deposit and Self Account Transfer? If yes, what kind of proof?
Question 2: What sort of proof do I need to showcase in order to justify transfer from father & mother apart from Gift Deed? Their Account Statement with the debit entry?