+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof Of Funds - Average Balance

seemefree

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Hi guys, I have a query regarding the average balance value over 6 months.

The reference letter I received from my bank states 2 values :
Current balance - 30,000 CAD
Average 6 months balance - 22,770 CAD

I am applying on behalf of myself and my common-law partner, which means I fall under the second bracket (15,531 CAD).

There is a significant difference between my current balance and average 6 months balance. That being said, the average 6 months balance is significantly above the funds required by IRCC as well.

I believe this clearly shows that I have had more than the required funds in my account for over 6 months, and satisfies their request, right?

My question is, will I be requested for proof of where I got these funds from, due to the large difference in current and average 6 months balance value? or will they just see that the average value is much higher already and it will be sufficient for them?

Thank you in advance for your assistance! :)

@DelPiero07 @legalfalcon

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017

I am applying on behalf of myself and my common-law partner, which means I fall under the second bracket (15,531 CAD).

There is a significant difference between my current balance and average 6 months balance. That being said, the average 6 months balance is significantly above the funds required by IRCC as well.

I believe this clearly shows that I have had more than the required funds in my account for over 6 months, and satisfies their request, right?

My question is, will I be requested for proof of where I got these funds from, due to the large difference in current and average 6 months balance value? or will they just see that the average value is much higher already and it will be sufficient for them?

@DelPiero07 @legalfalcon
Attach bank statement as well for last 6 months.. rest is fine.. I had a similar situation.

Reactions: seemefree

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

@DelPiero07 @legalfalcon
If you meet the 6 months average balance, you will not be asked where you got the funds from.

To read more on PoF see :
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/proof-funds-requirement-express-entry/

Reactions: seemefree

mhentry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Hi Guys, I am in confused state regarding the average balance value over 12 months ( Since Chase only give it for 12 months )

Current balance - 13650 USD
Average 12 months balance - 3005 USD

Since my average for 12 months is just 3000 USD, will it be a issue ??? Need suggestions guys.. Please