+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds at Canada Landing

mkustocanada

Aug 8, 2019
Hello Guys,

I hope you guys are well. I wanted to pose a question about POF at canada landing.

I have got my COPR and I will land in canada by the month end (August end). Since I worked in the USA previously I showed POF from Bank of America, my own checking account. I packed up my things in USA and then came to India to visit family before going to canada. I put my girlfriend as a co-owner for my Bank account before I left the USA incase I needed any transfers authorized by visitng a local branch.

Only problem is my bank statements from January to July shows me as the main account holder (Which is the truth) but since I added her it shows her name in the August statement. I only added her for operational purposes and she is not an applicant at all. WIll I have issues at landing if show them the latest statement or should I just show them my statements till July?

Your advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

mkustocanada

Aug 8, 2019
Hello Guys,

I hope you guys are well. I wanted to pose a question about POF at canada landing.

I have got my COPR and I will land in canada by the month end (August end). Since I worked in the USA previously I showed POF from Bank of America, my own checking account. I packed up my things in USA and then came to India to visit family before going to canada. I put my girlfriend as a co-owner for my Bank account before I left the USA incase I needed any transfers authorized by visitng a local branch.

Only problem is my bank statements from January to July shows me as the main account holder (Which is the truth) but since I added her it shows her name in the August statement. I only added her for operational purposes and she is not an applicant at all. WIll I have issues at landing if show them the latest statement or should I just show them my statements till July?

Thanks!

Guys if anybody could provide an insight for this it would be very helpful! Please I'm running out of time.

Thank you!

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
No, you won't face any issues. Don't worry

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
Hello Guys,

Thanks!
Don’t worry about it. It shouldn’t be a problem. Since you were working in the US, I am fairly sure they won’t even ask you for POF on landing.

Just carry a statement from your bank mentioning your current balance and date of account creation. That should suffice.

mkustocanada

Aug 8, 2019
Thank you for the response guys I am planning on having my latest statements as well as a letter of explanation about the sudden inclusion of another person into the account. Hopefully that should suffice.

Thanks for the help guys!

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
Thank you for the response guys I am planning on having my latest statements as well as a letter of explanation about the sudden inclusion of another person into the account. Hopefully that should suffice.

Thanks for the help guys!
I would advise against it. Don’t over complicate. Provide explanations only if they ask you about it, which in itself is v remote.