+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds and Relatives in Canada

anumqureshi

Oct 20, 2016
Hi Everyone!

First of all congratulations to everyone who got an ITA in the last draw and good luck to those who are still waiting like me.

I have two queries and I searched this forum and haven't been able to find the answe to my specific queries or the post is pre-EE where I have found it hence, I require assistance.

Query #1: I have relatives in Canada which is my Uncle (my mother's brother). No birth certificates for both of them are available. Can anyone please guide me which documents can I submit to prove the relationship between my Uncle and my Mother?

Query#2: I am the primary applicant for purposes of EE as I have more points than my husband. I have an individual account in which some funds are available and my husband has his individual account in which most of our funds are deposited. We tried to convert the individual account to a joint account but the bank refused to do it. But they did agree to add me as one of the signatories.

Now I have the following sub-queries:

a. Do all the funds have to be solely in my name or we both can submit the letter of our separate individual accounts as proof of funds as we are applying as a family?

b. If it has to be solely in my name as the primary applicant then will it be sufficient if the bank account remains in my husband's name but I am added as a signatory only and we give a letter of explanation and mention the bank's policy?

Any guidance from anyone will be very helpful and will be appreciated.

Thanks.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
The money has to be in your name as primary applicant, or in a joint account with your accompanying spouse. It has to be in your account for 6 months prior to creating an EE account

musicnlyrx

Sep 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anumqureshi said:
Hi Everyone!

First of all congratulations to everyone who got an ITA in the last draw and good luck to those who are still waiting like me.

I have two queries and I searched this forum and haven't been able to find the answe to my specific queries or the post is pre-EE where I have found it hence, I require assistance.

Query #1: I have relatives in Canada which is my Uncle (my mother's brother). No birth certificates for both of them are available. Can anyone please guide me which documents can I submit to prove the relationship between my Uncle and my Mother?

If you are from India, you can use your mother's and uncle's 10th standard certificate and add an notary-signed affidavit that explains about birth certificate were not common during those time.

Query#2: I am the primary applicant for purposes of EE as I have more points than my husband. I have an individual account in which some funds are available and my husband has his individual account in which most of our funds are deposited. We tried to convert the individual account to a joint account but the bank refused to do it. But they did agree to add me as one of the signatories.

Now I have the following sub-queries:

a. Do all the funds have to be solely in my name or we both can submit the letter of our separate individual accounts as proof of funds as we are applying as a family?

Funds need to be either in the primary applicants name, or in a joint account. If in joint account, there should be a signed letter by the secondary applicant that states that your spouse does not any problem with you using the funds and he is accompanying you.

b. If it has to be solely in my name as the primary applicant then will it be sufficient if the bank account remains in my husband's name but I am added as a signatory only and we give a letter of explanation and mention the bank's policy?

I think that should be OK. But if possible, try to have major portion of your funds in an account where you have first name (not signatory only) .

Any guidance from anyone will be very helpful and will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Nambi

Oct 9, 2016
Hi everyone!

I have a question about this proof of funds issue, too. First of all, I did not receive an ITA yet. I don't have the necessary amount of money in cash! But, I have a car and I am going to sell it when I receive the ITA. It would be unwise to sell it at the moment in case I do not get an ITA. The problem is, as I read everywhere, it is essential to prove that you did not borrow it from anybody and that you have the money at least for about six months.

Is it O.K if I sell my car after receving an ITA and show them the official necessary documents about selling my "own" car?

Thanks in advance!

musicnlyrx

Sep 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nambi said:
Hi everyone!

I have a question about this proof of funds issue, too. First of all, I did not receive an ITA yet. I don't have the necessary amount of money in cash! But, I have a car and I am going to sell it when I receive the ITA. It would be unwise to sell it at the moment in case I do not get an ITA. The problem is, as I read everywhere, it is essential to prove that you did not borrow it from anybody and that you have the money at least for about six months.

Is it O.K if I sell my car after receving an ITA and show them the official necessary documents about selling my "own" car?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, I think that should be fine if you are able to prove about how you got the money through valid documentation.

You can also get a gift from some one who is related to you, such as parents, elder brother/sister, uncle/aunts. But you need to have valid document/affidavit that states that you have not borrowed the money, but it is gift to you from that person and the money will be never returned.

Nambi

Oct 9, 2016
musicnlyrx said:
Yes, I think that should be fine if you are able to prove about how you got the money through valid documentation.

You can also get a gift from some one who is related to you, such as parents, elder brother/sister, uncle/aunts. But you need to have valid document/affidavit that states that you have not borrowed the money, but it is gift to you from that person and the money will be never returned.
Thank you! So I think a notarized document will help. In English of course.

anumqureshi

Oct 20, 2016
kryt0n said:
The money has to be in your name as primary applicant, or in a joint account with your accompanying spouse. It has to be in your account for 6 months prior to creating an EE account
Thank you

niks_123

Apr 10, 2019

Hi can my wife who is the main applicant take funds along with gift deed from my mother, who is her mother-in-law ideally. Will that be accepted as valid for proof of funds