+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds - Adding Spouse Post-AOR

bill.s.preston

Jul 22, 2020
Hello,

I was a single applicant with an AOR of Dec 2020. I recently got married and would like to add my wife to the application too. I have already showed POF of approx 13000 CAD in my initial application and it was through a Gift Deed from my parents. Now, in order to show the revised POF of 16000 CAD for the 2 of us, my Father-in-Law would like to gift me the remaining 3k CAD. What would be the best way to go about this? Would it be alright if he directly gifts the money to my account, or would it be better for him to gift it to his daughter (my wife) and then she transfers it to me? The reason i'm confused is that my wife doesn't really use her bank account and it is inactive to the point where she has not used it for the last few years. Please advise. Thank you.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hello,

I was a single applicant with an AOR of Dec 2020. I recently got married and would like to add my wife to the application too. I have already showed POF of approx 13000 CAD in my initial application and it was through a Gift Deed from my parents. Now, in order to show the revised POF of 16000 CAD for the 2 of us, my Father-in-Law would like to gift me the remaining 3k CAD. What would be the best way to go about this? Would it be alright if he directly gifts the money to my account, or would it be better for him to gift it to his daughter (my wife) and then she transfers it to me? The reason i'm confused is that my wife doesn't really use her bank account and it is inactive to the point where she has not used it for the last few years. Please advise. Thank you.
There's no problem with your FIL transferring to either of you. Your wife can show her bank account statements for proof of funds as well.
If the account is inactive might be better to transfer to you directly.