TLU 03-06-2015
Passport Req..
DM 10-08-2015 PPR 11-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2015
LANDED..........
Planned Feb 2016
referred many threads but this info is no where so have to ask:

I have already received my PR and I am going to land in Canada next month(s).

1) do I have to carry all the amount with me (either cash/TC/DD) or I can show fixed deposits done with Indian banks in my name?

2) Is Canadian $ is only accepted currency for cash/TC/DD or US $ is also valid? I would prefer to carry some US $ because of future US $ rise possibility compared to CAD $.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
NILESHRM said:

1) do I have to carry all the amount with me (either cash/TC/DD) or I can show fixed deposits done with Indian banks in my name?

2) Is Canadian $ is only accepted currency for cash/TC/DD or US $ is also valid? I would prefer to carry some US $ because of future US $ rise possibility compared to CAD $.
You can carry as much as you want, and in any form that you want. Just make sure that you fulfill the minimum funds requirement, and dont fail to declare the amount at immigration and customs counters. I did not carry any cash apart from some spare change for food and drinks. I got a letter from my bank in India stating the balance I had on my savings account in INR, as well as the CAD equivalent. Immigration officials were absolutely fine with that.

Kevin1345

Dec 3, 2015
NILESHRM said:

You can check with AEIP website, this is a Pre-arrival settlement services
You can check with AEIP website, this is a Pre-arrival settlement services

balamscs

Aug 29, 2014
alok4best said:
You can carry as much as you want, and in any form that you want. Just make sure that you fulfill the minimum funds requirement, and dont fail to declare the amount at immigration and customs counters. I did not carry any cash apart from some spare change for food and drinks. I got a letter from my bank in India stating the balance I had on my savings account in INR, as well as the CAD equivalent. Immigration officials were absolutely fine with that.
I had a query, did you carry the required Canadian funds in Canadian dollars or did you show the Bank statement from India ?

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
balamscs said:
I had a query, did you carry the required Canadian funds in Canadian dollars or did you show the Bank statement from India ?
This part should answer your question
alok4best said:
I did not carry any cash apart from some spare change for food and drinks. I got a letter from my bank in India stating the balance I had on my savings account in INR, as well as the CAD equivalent. Immigration officials were absolutely fine with that.