+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of fund liquidation time?

Peter Tran

Jul 6, 2020
Dear all experts,

Could anyone please enlighten me on what would be the most appropriate time to liquidate our proof of fund used for our PR application? My status has been changed to "Decision made" on ECAS by a few weeks already. Can it be supposedly safe to remove the POF now? Is there any chance that IRCC may request it again in the future?

I've just passed Medical check a few months ago. The bank deposit has been sitting idle in its account for more than 2 years so far. Thinking of withdrawing it but I'm a little uneasy. Appreciate any of your experience sharing on this matter. Many thanks.

Best regards,
Peter

katie.vanto

Mar 23, 2021
Dear all experts,

Could anyone please enlighten me on what would be the most appropriate time to liquidate our proof of fund used for our PR application? My status has been changed to "Decision made" on ECAS by a few weeks already. Can it be supposedly safe to remove the POF now? Is there any chance that IRCC may request it again in the future?

I've just passed Medical check a few months ago. The bank deposit has been sitting idle in its account for more than 2 years so far. Thinking of withdrawing it but I'm a little uneasy. Appreciate any of your experience sharing on this matter. Many thanks.

Best regards,
Peter
It's hard to give the advice for the thing located in the "grey zone" as your case. Generally, medical pass is the final step for the decision (as my lawyer said, it completes 95% of the journey), and nomore actions are required. However, there was a case of my friend, whose ECAS status stated "decision made" in about 1 year but nothing happens then. So, hopefully it is helpful for you somehow.

Reactions: Peter Tran

Peter Tran

Jul 6, 2020
It's hard to give the advice for the thing located in the "grey zone" as your case. Generally, medical pass is the final step for the decision (as my lawyer said, it completes 95% of the journey), and nomore actions are required. However, there was a case of my friend, whose ECAS status stated "decision made" in about 1 year but nothing happens then. So, hopefully it is helpful for you somehow.
Hi Katie,

Many thanks for your info. If that was what used to happen, I think It's better to just leave it untouched till receiving PR visa then.

Cheers,
Peter

Reactions: katie.vanto