Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
Hi All,
I am in a fix regards to POF. I have all the balance deposited in a joint account with my mother. I now learn that it's not considered valid POF. As I see I have following options
1. Remove mom as account holder.(I like it as it allows me to retain transaction history
2. Transfer funds to another personal account and submit along with a letter from mother and LOE. Please suggest which option is suitable.

darpan.aneja

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
Any other ways to handle the situation are also most welcome say should I create a gift deed.?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Well it depends. When was the money moved in to the account?

On the day you produce a bank letter?/statements, it will just be in your name (the letter shouldn't indicate past names). If the statements are +6 months old then you won't need proof or an explanation of where the money came from. Otherwise you will need to produce a gift deed.

darpan.aneja

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
kryt0n said:
Well it depends. When was the money moved in to the account?

On the day you produce a bank letter?/statements, it will just be in your name (the letter shouldn't indicate past names). If the statements are +6 months old then you won't need proof or an explanation of where the money came from. Otherwise you will need to produce a gift deed.
Money is gradually deposited by me and wife from my and wife's personal salary accounts into this joint account that I hold with my mom say over a period of more than a year.

darpan.aneja

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
darpan.aneja said:
Money is gradually deposited by me and wife from my and wife's personal salary accounts into this joint account that I hold with my mom say over a period of more than a year.
Infact I hold this account from last 2 years and mom was added as a secondary account holder around 1 year back.
I will be required to submit 6 months statements in OINP and then will it create a issue if they found out that Mom withdrew her ownership recently.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
darpan.aneja said:
Even better. If your mum is ok to take her name off then you're fine.

darpan.aneja

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
kryt0n said:
Even better. If your mum is ok to take her name off then you're fine.
Yes she has no problem with that. But if OINP or CIC finds out in their enquiry with bank that Mom withdrew ownership recently is it ok? Sorry mate I am repeating myself I guess but just want to be double sure and not make another stupid mistake. Thanks a lot for your help Kryt0n

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
darpan.aneja said:
Yes she has no problem with that. But if OINP or CIC finds out in their enquiry with bank that Mom withdrew ownership recently is it ok? Sorry mate I am repeating myself I guess but just want to be double sure and not make another stupid mistake. Thanks a lot for your help Kryt0n
The only way cic will know is of the bank mention it on the letter. They wont run a enquiry. Even if they do, legally your mum forfeited the money and she no longer has access without you actually giving it to her. Don't worry! Cic don't contact banks! :p