+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of fund during Port Entry

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
Dang!!. I have already used that Funds to Pay my fee for University and On-Campus Accommodation. This is Trouble!!. Now I need to again adjust those Funds i guess?/
It's not that troubling though as you used it for your education and not something else. Just bring with you the tuition and the accommodation payment receipt. It should be fine. And prepare a phone number of your school advisor just in case somebody want a confirmation your school.

Johnstephen98

Jun 5, 2021
It's not that troubling though as you used it for your education and not something else. Just bring with you the tuition and the accommodation payment receipt. It should be fine. And prepare a phone number of your school advisor just in case somebody want a confirmation your school.
Ooof!. My heart skipped a beat for while and now I am back lol. Now a days anything that is unheard to me sounds negative courtesy of IRCC!!. I hope then it should be fine with me unless I get a BO who is cranked on that day. Thanks for your reply

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
Sorry for the disastrous experience on entry. That's not Canadian at all.
Not totally surprised that border agents will hold passengers to verify their financial or school enrolment situation.

I once left school in the UK for a trip home (around Christmas). When I returned a border agent called my university to verify that I was still in fact enrolled there. I was detained for about 2 hours as border agent waited to have someone in a university office confirm I was enrolled and meeting course requirements. Huh!

jellybai01

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
The officer I got asked for the lasted bank statement so yes, for your safety.
Hey, just a quick question, when showing our bank statements do we need to show it as CAD ? Or will the original currency do? I have paid for my GIC and tuition fee but my parents will be sending me money from our country for the remaining terms .

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Hey, just a quick question, when showing our bank statements do we need to show it as CAD ? Or will the original currency do? I have paid for my GIC and tuition fee but my parents will be sending me money from our country for the remaining terms .
I am planning to show mine in INR because it wont be possible to show an Indian bank statement in CAD. This is because even though you may have made the GIC payment, you will notice that you cant activate the GIC/Canada bank account until you enter the country...unless someone else has any other opinion. You can check with your bank as well...if you get a CAD statement, let know the procedure..

jellybai01

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
I am planning to show mine in INR because it wont be possible to show an Indian bank statement in CAD. This is because even though you may have made the GIC payment, you will notice that you cant activate the GIC/Canada bank account until you enter the country...unless someone else has any other opinion. You can check with your bank as well...if you get a CAD statement, let know the procedure..
Yeah I was planning on showing it in INR too but I don’t know if they will accept it or not.
And yeah sure I’ll let you know if there’s a way to show it in CAD

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
You guys don't need to show money in CAD. I showed mine under my country currency and had the bank write a single phrase : xx.000000 in VND = xx00 in USD. That's it.
Good one..banks in Vietnam probably give you that kind of statement with equivalencies in USD/CAD but I doubt if Indian banks will give a printed report like that....will check though.