+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of fund during Port Entry

Daviantarch

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Greetings,

I am a non-sds student who got my study visa back in April and I have defer from Summer to Fall. Since I will travel next month I would like to know if I need to update and obtain the latest bank official letter and statement for port entry or just submit what I have used during my visa application?

Please advise.

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
Greetings,

I am a non-sds student who got my study visa back in April and I have defer from Summer to Fall. Since I will travel next month I would like to know if I need to update and obtain the latest bank official letter and statement for port entry or just submit what I have used during my visa application?

Please advise.
imo, if you can, definitely obtain your latest bank statements to show the receiving officer. bring along the original document you used in your application too.

Daviantarch

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
imo, if you can, definitely obtain your latest bank statements to show the receiving officer. bring along the original document you used in your application too.
Noted on that. Thank you.

The officer I got asked for the lasted bank statement so yes, for your safety.
How latest it has to be can it be like 2-3 weeks before port entry? I need to go through a big hassle to get this letter done with my local bank.

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
He even wanted to talk to the employee at the bank where my money was just to confirm that the money did't get to transfer anywhere lol. 2-3 weeks should be fine. I guess I just had the bad luck that day. Hope you gonna be luckier o_O

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Yes, it's very crucial that you have recent proof funds. If your funds are in the bank, get your latest bank statements.

Daviantarch

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
He even wanted to talk to the employee at the bank where my money was just to confirm that the money did't get to transfer anywhere lol. 2-3 weeks should be fine. I guess I just had the bad luck that day. Hope you gonna be luckier o_O

OMG!! did the officer manage to contact the bank?

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
OMG!! did the officer manage to contact the bank?
I was so mad because he made me spend 4 hours at that freaking office and I missed my connecting flight. So I was kind of scream in his face and then he let me go lol. I was really scared and even prepared myself for a denial of entry at that moment :rolleyes:. He ended up checking all of my others financial documents and called my school to confirm my admission.

Daviantarch

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
I was so mad because he made me spend 4 hours at that freaking office and I missed my connecting flight. So I was kind of scream in his face and then he let me go lol. I was really scared and even prepared myself for a denial of entry at that moment :rolleyes:. He ended up checking all of my others financial documents and called my school to confirm my admission.

WOW! I never knew it can be this complex at the port entry. What actually triggered the officer to go beyond this unimaginary level?

Johnstephen98

Jun 5, 2021
Just to Add on to that, How much fund do we need to show ?. Should it be same as per the funds we had shown while filling our Application?. @thaovy99 sorry to hear that, good that everything sorted out for you in the end.

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
WOW! I never knew it can be this complex at the port entry. What actually triggered the officer to go beyond this unimaginary level?
Probably language barrier. My documents were all in french. I was going to a french school and was not great in english at that time. And the officer spoke english only.

Daviantarch

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Probably language barrier. My documents were all in french. I was going to a french school and was not great in english at that time. And the officer spoke english only.

I'm sorry to hear that..this something that system need to enhance not making people to miss their flights. I wish you they compensate for your flight tickets.

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
I'm sorry to hear that..this something that system need to enhance not making people to miss their flights. I wish you they compensate for your flight tickets.
Oh no. I spent my own money to buy a new ticket which was extremely expensive as I bought it the same day. Anyways, it was traumatizing but I'm happy it's gone. I never heard any thing that crazy at the port of entry and just want to warn people to prepare all the docs needed to avoid any possible problem.:)