+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Fund Clarification for Canadian Study Permit

May 17, 2019
Hello everyone. I want to ask a quick question. If I want to use the latest 4 months of banks statement as the proof of fund, does each monthly balance need to exceed the amount asked by CIC? Or is it fine if only the latest one month exceeds the amount asked by CIC? Note that although there is an influx in the latest month, the source is clear and no money is borrowed. Also, I still have some fixed deposits and some assets as well.

Thank you for your help!

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello everyone. I want to ask a quick question. If I want to use the latest 4 months of banks statement as the proof of fund, does each monthly balance need to exceed the amount asked by CIC? Or is it fine if only the latest one month exceeds the amount asked by CIC? Note that although there is an influx in the latest month, the source is clear and no money is borrowed. Also, I still have some fixed deposits and some assets as well.

Thank you for your help!
As l long as the source of the money is clear, then it should not be a problem.

May 17, 2019
So there is no need for the balance throughout the first 3 months to exceed the amount required by CIC, right? I am really worried about this.

Also, fyi, the first 3 months balance are roughly stable. My tuition fee is around 56k CAD while the first 3 months stay around 40k CAD. Will this be a problem?

Thanks!

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
So there is no need for the balance throughout the first 3 months to exceed the amount required by CIC, right? I am really worried about this.

Also, fyi, the first 3 months balance are roughly stable. My tuition fee is around 56k CAD while the first 3 months stay around 40k CAD. Will this be a problem?

Thanks!
No, it will not be a problem. The last month should have the amount of money required.

May 17, 2019
No, it will not be a problem. The last month should have the amount of money required.
Thank you very much for clearing up my doubts. Just out of curiosity, have you ever had/seen any cases just like mine? I just want to know if somebody with a similar situation ever succeeds.

Thanks again!

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Thank you very much for clearing up my doubts. Just out of curiosity, have you ever had/seen any cases just like mine? I just want to know if somebody with a similar situation ever succeeds.

Thanks again!
There have been cases, I don't remember the outcome. Many people get gift certificates from parents and other sponsors. By nature those will be big, one time payments. So, if that's OK, then yours will be ok.