+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of fund- 6 month average and gift deed

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi all,

I have few questions and I would highly appreciate if somebody has gone through this situation and received PR.

1) Does gift deed need to be older than 6 months? If I get gift deed of $25000, is it mandatory to get gift deed 6 month before or does it need to be older than 6 months?
2) Does average bank balance for 6 months need to suffice the required proof of fund asked by CIC? Let's say if required POF is $15531 and you have $15531 in last 3 bank statement but your 6 months average balance is $11000. Would it be a problem?

3) Do you also have to show your spouse credit card statement if you are showing spouse bank statement as a proof of fund?

Any help or your experience would be great and appreciated!!

Thanks,

Last edited:

thinkingtoapply

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I have few questions and I would highly appreciate if somebody has gone through this situation and received PR.

1) Does gift deed need to be older than 6 months? If I get gift deed of $25000, is it mandatory to get gift deed 6 month before or does it need to be older than 6 months?
2) Does average bank balance for 6 months need to suffice the required proof of fund asked by CIC? Let's say if required POF is $15531 and you have $15531 in last 3 bank statement but your 6 months average balance is $11000. Would it be a problem?

3) Do you also have to show your spouse credit card statement if you are showing spouse bank statement as a proof of fund?

Any help or your experience would be great and appreciated!!

Thanks,
1 gift deed can be done anytime.
2 average balance doesn not need to be the required figure but you should be able to prove where the funds are coming from suddenly. like sale of assets or gift deeds etc
3 not sure

Gaupasna

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
1 gift deed can be done anytime.
2 average balance doesn not need to be the required figure but you should be able to prove where the funds are coming from suddenly. like sale of assets or gift deeds etc
3 not sure

1. Do we need to show the sale assest’s paper while giving the justification for the proof ???
2. If the average of 6 month is less than will it affect ???

paramd

Jan 15, 2019
Hello all,
  1. do we need to provide 6 month bank statement or 3 month statement?
  2. secondly, i received money as a gift from my grandfather (bank transfer of 5K CAD). do i need to arrange a affidavit (confirmed by oath) ?
please guide.

thanks and kind regards

Param Dayal

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
1) 6 months at least as mentioned by cic
2)it’s better if u do it however if u don’t then make sure that u indicate that u accumulated required POF over the span of 6 months