+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of foreign work experience

Decarbon

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
Hi all,

My accompanying spouse was asked to provide proof of the work experience she had back in her home country before coming to Canada. There is one employment letter she got from her employer about a year ago before she quits and comes to canada that states her starting date, title, salary, etc.. and there is no option to get in contact with that employer to ask for a recent letter. Moreover, that letter was subjected to the british embassy for visa purposes at the time. Would the old employment letter be accepted by IRCC as a proof of employment?

Thanks.

Decarbon

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
Her foreign work experience wont impact our CRS score, so I wonder if its ok to just remove it and say she was unemployed then? The only concern is that in her SOWP application we mentioned her work history.

any thoughts?

Last edited:

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Ok, so it is obvious that you can't just leave it out. You already told IRCC about the work history. If there is no other option, I suggest using the old letter of employment and provide a letter of explanation detailing why you could not get a more recent version. Does she have the last 2 or so pay slips from the job? I would include those as well.