+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Foreign Work Experience under Express Entry

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Hello,

I have a question.
For the evidence of foreign work experience, I can get a reference letter with all detailes from my previous company, but I don't have pay stubs because it was 7-10 years ago. I asked my previous company to print them again, but they don't keep them anymore because it's long time ago.
How can I do for this situation?
Paystubs are optional additional documents. If you get other supporting documents, it helps your case for sure.

Katvan

Jul 28, 2017
Thank you so much for replying my question.
I might able to get the contract paper with them, but I'm worried that I cant prove any payment evidence. I hope it will be okay.

Katvan

Jul 28, 2017
I closed my bank account which I used for getting my payment when I left my country :( but I think it's good point! Thank you!

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
I closed my bank account which I used for getting my payment when I left my country :( but I think it's good point! Thank you!
IRCC just wants to make sure you worked a full/part time paid job at that particular place and carried out the relevant tasks and duties to the NOC you chose. They don't care how much you were paid or how. The letter itself is the main requirement, but other documents I personally used can include:
- Manager's business card
- Job contract
- Promotion letters
- Work permits

Make sure your letter is complete and looks authentic (on letterhead and stamped). Hopefully your company has online presence too as IRCC seems to use that as a first (and sometime only) method of verification.

Katvan

Jul 28, 2017
Than you so so much upperkut!
My previous company in my country found my old Paystubs, so I'm asking an official translator to make it in English.
Thank you for your help:)

Umesh Jain

Sep 16, 2020
I have one question, I am working under CA as an accountant who has his office. I am getting my payment sometimes in Cash and sometimes in my bank account from his saving account. I have one year of experience, so Can I show this experience in express entry profile.

Itsamansidhu

May 12, 2020
Hello guys, bank statements should be fine to proof the salaries entries for the foriegn work experience .

I have only a reference letter with duties as well as bank statements for my job

anannguyen

Mar 30, 2021
Hi guys, Could you guys give me an advice?
I am currently working as a technical sale executive (transfer salary through the bank and pay taxes in full). I started working for 2 months as a probationary from June 1, 2020, and officially is August 1, 2020. I cannot work until the next august to have a full year because i need to arrive to Canada for studying.

So as far as I understand that I need a reference letter and payroll statement (additional)? So can the salary (through bank) and time of probational period (having appointment letter) be counted in to full 52 weeks of full time according to government law? Or is it compulsory to calculate at the official time (starting date in labor contract)?

Please help me. Thanks very much.

wakon9

Oct 11, 2017
Philippines
Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask how I would be able to prove my foreign work experience if my previous work place had closed down?

before I left, I requested for an employment certificate. After 2 years that I left, they closed down.

Thank you!

Rose_love

Oct 5, 2018
Hi, everyone. I was just wondering if instead of "annual salary plus benefits", would it be accepted as just "monthly salary"? (my previous employer wrote just this information) Any opinion from who had the same issue or who are experts in the field, is more than welcome. Thank you! Regards,