+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of financial support

Kamal Super

Jan 18, 2018

Hi. I'm Kamal Ahmed. From Bangladesh. Very soon i'll apply for TRV visa for participate Model United Nationas conference in Canada. I've some confusion about Proof of financial support. My father gave me 9000 CAD 5 months ago. I kept 9000 CAD in my account. Point 1 : So should i only give my bank statement or need a letter from Father where he will declare that he gave me the money? Or should i follow the second point according to IMM 5890 checklist ? Thanks.

Point 2: If you are not Paying for your trip :
* Provide a letter signed by the person paying and a photocopy of their passport with photo & a bank certificate proving that they have sufficient funds.
* Descrive how this person is related to you

Kate_Westlake

Jan 18, 2018

Hi. I'm Kamal Ahmed. From Bangladesh. Very soon i'll apply for TRV visa for participate Model United Nationas conference in Canada. I've some confusion about Proof of financial support. My father gave me 9000 CAD 5 months ago. I kept 9000 CAD in my account. Point 1 : So should i only give my bank statement or need a letter from Father where he will declare that he gave me the money? Or should i follow the second point according to IMM 5890 checklist ? Thanks.

* Provide a letter signed by the person paying and a photocopy of their passport with photo & a bank certificate proving that they have sufficient funds.
If it is your bank account, you will need a statement only from the bank. That should be enough.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

1/ I assume you are a teenager or slightly older. I would include a letter from your father stating that he gifted the money, as IRCC may question where the funds came from.

Kamal Super

Jan 18, 2018
Thanks for your kind reply. Can you please give me a standard sample? Another things is that so I don't need to give any documents of my father?

Kamal Super

Jan 18, 2018
Hi

1/ I assume you are a teenager or slightly older. I would include a letter from your father stating that he gifted the money, as IRCC may question where the funds came from.
Should my father write the letter to the Visa officer with subject source of fund?Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you are a minor or young person I would include information about your parents and their support of your trip.

Kamal Super

Jan 18, 2018
If you are a minor or young person I would include information about your parents and their support of your trip.
Actually i'm 24 years old now. I'm near to finish my graduation. And most importantly 5 months ago my father gave me 9000CAD. If i only give a letter from my father that he gave me the money as a gift. Will it be enough?Thanks.