+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of financial support

kddamron

Sep 23, 2013
I just received my acceptance letter from a school in British Columbia. I'll be applying for my study permit at the border (As an American citizen it is recommended to apply at the border) however the CIC site hasn't been exactly clear over amounts and everything. For me, tuition is $13,200 a year before scholarships and financial aid, books are relatively inexpensive (They say $1000 which is about right) so I should need $14,200 because my housing is covered by my partner's family. Can they provide a letter that states they'll be providing me with housing and funding to attend university?

Also, what options do I have for student loans in addition to grants and such? I've not attended university and my parent's are not supporting my decision. How do I get loans etc

starlettedouze

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Hi kddamron, I cannot say much regarding loans and grants. But for the support to be given by your partner's family, they can provide a letter stating they will be funding your studies plus give free accommodation, etc. They need to show as well their proof of their finances such as bank statements, tax returns, letter of emploment, property/land titles, etc. Any asset that would support their capability to fund for your studies and stay in Canada. Hope this helps Ü

minhaj khan

Oct 4, 2013
Hello every one,

i have already got the offer letter from lambton PG hotel management and going to apply very soon.
i would like to know that my father is sponsoring my tuition fee. whereas my aunt in Canada is sponsoring for my
boarding and lodging.

- i have seen some where on this forum that i should provide FRC AND BIRTH CERTIFICATES of
both the sponsors. which in the case of my father i can provide but i cannot provide the FRC for my aunt whereas
i can attach her birth certificate and matriculation certificate. would it be enough??

- i am going to attach the propert papers and documents from the business of my aunt. she cannot provide me any
bank statement since the money is not sufficient in their bank account. there taxes and house mortgage is very high that
the visa officer will vlearly get the idea that they have high earnings. would it be satisfying??

kindly if anyone can inform me on the subject and what documents i should provide else from the sponsors??

regards