+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Financial Support (Sponsorship)

cs1048

Apr 25, 2014
I recently got my acceptance letter from a Canadian university. I will be receiving sponsorship from a relative in Canada, and will be applying for a Study Permit very soon. Since I don't have much savings, can I present their bank statements for the past four months instead of mine?

Also, would taking out a loan help, or does the money from the loan have to be in my bank account for at least four months?

Thanks for the help.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In addition to their bank statement get an affidavit from them that they will pay for your study and living. Better make it notarized and with clear explanation to VO why they are so generous to you.

cs1048

Apr 25, 2014
Regina said:
In addition to their bank statement get an affidavit from them that they will pay for your study and living. Better make it notarized and with clear explanation to VO why they are so generous to you.
So, are you saying that I don't have to present any bank statements that belong to me or my parents?

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
Finally, someone who I have the same issue with. :p

What I did was, I asked for my uncle's bank statement for four months, copy of passport and pr card, affidavit of support (notarized), letter of support (notarized), clear copy of birth certificate (to prove relationship with one of your parents) and custodianship declaration (if you are a minor and/or will be staying with them).

cs1048

Apr 25, 2014
rcpp said:
Finally, someone who I have the same issue with. :p

What I did was, I asked for my uncle's bank statement for four months, copy of passport and pr card, affidavit of support (notarized), letter of support (notarized), clear copy of birth certificate (to prove relationship with one of your parents) and custodianship declaration (if you are a minor and/or will be staying with them).
Do you think it would be a problem if a second-cousin is my sponsor? How can I prove such a relationship?

Apr 28, 2014
proof of Financial Support

Please can anyone applying from nigeria tell me what proof of means of financial support comprises,becuase am apply for the first time am confused here, I really appreciate if I will get a clear and defined reply, thank you.

cs1048

Apr 25, 2014
Can someone please answer the questions that I asked? I would be very grateful for your help.

sunkanmyne

Oct 31, 2013
Well, i am always relunctant at giving people advice but i feel my advice could avert bad response from CIC for you. When it comes to financial aspect, let family from canada be your last resort.
Firstly, u wont be able to convinced them that you would come back. Inveriably, no strong family ties to ur home country.
Secondly, Financial situation of that your family member might be that strong to satiefied the finacial requirement for tuition, accomodaton and living expenses including Air Trip.
Thirdly, do have any documents to proved how ur family tie with them like marriage certificate, birth certificate, insurrance documents, changes of name documents.
Finally,ask your self these questions and ger back to me. +2348124370645. Peter

Thank you.

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
cs1048 said:
Can someone please answer the questions that I asked? I would be very grateful for your help.
Like what Regina said, birth certificate of all parties involved. That's the only document that could prove you two are related.

Perhaps your birth certificate, birth certificate of your mom/dad and his/her mom or dad (whoever are siblings) and your cousin's birth certificate.

Hailey

Apr 30, 2014
I also wanted to know whether it is advisable to obtain financial sponsorship from a non family member at all?

Just got accepted to a college this week, but will not have enough funds reflecting in my account until June, so a Canadian friend of mine has offered to pay for the year's tuition and expenses in full (and I can pay him back when I have the money etc).

Would this be a problem for the visa officers?

Grateful for any help on this matter!! :)

cs1048

Apr 25, 2014
Regina said:
All the same, as usual: bank statement for the last 4 months, proof of future income.
So, are you saying that I don't have to show bank statements that belong to me or my parents at all?

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
cs1048 said:
So, are you saying that I don't have to show bank statements that belong to me or my parents at all?
If you are planning to solely rely on your relative's sponsorship, then you don't have to. But if you consider using your parents as sponsors, apart from your relative, you may want to provide their bank statements as well, as long as the amount shown can be sufficient for your other needs.