+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Proof of Financial Support) Question for Study Permit.

Nov 7, 2019
Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Hello everyone,

All information for applying for my study permit is under my name but proof of financial support has to be under my father's account, where I am currently creating a student file through (It has complete financial capability). It was initially supposed to be under my account (Which also has complete financial capability) but my bank has issues with foreign transactions, thus such sudden decision was taken in an urgent time span (for already registered semester of January).

To apply for correct processing,

Would the student file be enough to show guardianship of finances (Since i will be showing his bank statement) or do i need to attach a letter by him for proof?

If so, which format should i use?

I can also provide a non-refundable part of my tuition payment through the account to show means of guardianship before completely paying for all of it. And attach requested receipt from my accepted by university for proof of payment through him.

Will all these be needed or will the student file be enough to show his financial ability for my study permit?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Hello everyone,

All information for applying for my study permit is under my name but proof of financial support has to be under my father's account, where I am currently creating a student file through (It has complete financial capability). It was initially supposed to be under my account (Which also has complete financial capability) but my bank has issues with foreign transactions, thus such sudden decision was taken in an urgent time span (for already registered semester of January).

To apply for correct processing,

Would the student file be enough to show guardianship of finances (Since i will be showing his bank statement) or do i need to attach a letter by him for proof?

If so, which format should i use?

I can also provide a non-refundable part of my tuition payment through the account to show means of guardianship before completely paying for all of it. And attach requested receipt from my accepted by university for proof of payment through him.

Will all these be needed or will the student file be enough to show his financial ability for my study permit?
For financial ability, you can show your guardian bank statement, and if he has something like source of where the money is coming from sure, use it. If you were to pay a non refundable fees, I would recommend to show the proof, you don't need to pay the entire fees at once. Only if you are applying via SDS, you are required to pay in advance. For non-sds, it is upto you if you want to pay everything in advance or just the required deposit. I didn't pay the entire tuition, just the deposit. Then show enough fund. Did I answer your question?

Reactions: ZerinMahzabinZuri
Nov 7, 2019
Dhaka, Bangladesh.
For financial ability, you can show your guardian bank statement, and if he has something like source of where the money is coming from sure, use it. If you were to pay a non refundable fees, I would recommend to show the proof, you don't need to pay the entire fees at once. Only if you are applying via SDS, you are required to pay in advance. For non-sds, it is upto you if you want to pay everything in advance or just the required deposit. I didn't pay the entire tuition, just the deposit. Then show enough fund. Did I answer your question?
Almost! Thank you for responding!

He hasn't been declared as my guardian in my admission form for university under the payment section. Had been named as my father though. So, do I need a letter from him to declare guardianship, or would a student file be enough to declare him as my guardian? And I can simply give his bank statement for the capability of my finances?

I am worried about the visa getting rejected for using my father's statement and it being refused as my proof of financial support.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
uhmmmmm... I believe the school doesn't take part in your visa application if that what I am trying to understand from your sentence plus, if your dad is the one paying for your tuition and everything, use his bank statement and if you want to use his letter showing he will pay, by all means, do so. Then on your Statement of Purpose, you can explain to VO that your dad is the one taking care on your expenses.

I used my mum bank statement. You just need to explain to VO and the source of income like salary from work or business with proof.

Nov 7, 2019
Dhaka, Bangladesh.
uhmmmmm... I believe the school doesn't take part in your visa application if that what I am trying to understand from your sentence plus, if your dad is the one paying for your tuition and everything, use his bank statement and if you want to use his letter showing he will pay, by all means, do so. Then on your Statement of Purpose, you can explain to VO that your dad is the one taking care on your expenses.

I used my mum bank statement. You just need to explain to VO and the source of income like salary from work or business with proof.
Thank you so much!
The Statement of Purpose would help me describe the situation to the VO, while I'll also have the student file. I shall gather the rest of the two things, just to be thorough with the information I provide for my visa. Pretty scared since my ticket's been bought already and I have a short span of time for this.

Thank you again! This helped!

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Thank you so much!
The Statement of Purpose would help me describe the situation to the VO, while I'll also have the student file. I shall gather the rest of the two things, just to be thorough with the information I provide for my visa. Pretty scared since my ticket's been bought already and I have a short span of time for this.

Thank you again! This helped!
You are welcome and super surprised why you bought the flight ticket without having visa on hand. But, I am hoping the result will be positive.