+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of financial funds

mmakshay67

Apr 24, 2019
Hello,

My PR is approved, before entering Canada, what financial proof documents should I bring to show proof of funds. Will bank statements suffice or do I have to bring a draft and cash to show I have the funds

Also, could you recommend a good bank to open a checkings acocunt, one that has branches all over the country and have facility to issue a temporary debit card till a permanent one is issued.

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

My PR is approved, before entering Canada, what financial proof documents should I bring to show proof of funds. Will bank statements suffice or do I have to bring a draft and cash to show I have the funds

Also, could you recommend a good bank to open a checkings acocunt, one that has branches all over the country and have facility to issue a temporary debit card till a permanent one is issued.

Thank you
Bank statement is fine. All big banks have similar new immigrant programs and should give you your permanent debit card right away.

mmakshay67

Apr 24, 2019
Hi Akshay,

What documents did you initially submitted as your Proof of Funds while submitting PR application?
Hi,

I had submitted my bank statements before/ But will they be acceptable when i enter Canada. Or do they expect us to bring the entire money as proof of funds.