+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of employment

n1ckeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
I’m applying outland, since im not currently in canada and employed, I need to document how I can support the sponsor and myself and give a detailed plan.

I have arranged employment letter

Written affidavit from parents that we will live in their home

Thats pretty much the plan haha save money for a downpayment on a house while living with the parents, would it be alright to say my spouse plans to work? Or am I not suppose to mention it as Im trying to prove I can support her 100% ?

also how should this arranged employment letter be written? I'm just planning to go back upon approval of our application, he could hire me any time as were close friends. Should we just guess a date to start the employment?

thanks in advance!!!

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I’m applying outland, since im not currently in canada and employed, I need to document how I can support the sponsor and myself and give a detailed plan.

I have arranged employment letter

Written affidavit from parents that we will live in their home

Thats pretty much the plan haha save money for a downpayment on a house while living with the parents, would it be alright to say my spouse plans to work? Or am I not suppose to mention it as Im trying to prove I can support her 100% ?

also how should this arranged employment letter be written? I'm just planning to go back upon approval of our application, he could hire me any time as were close friends. Should we just guess a date to start the employment?

thanks in advance!!!

It is the sponsor who needs to show they can support the PA and not the other way round

Employment letter for sponsor is ok

Letters from parents are ok.

Showing the PA's plans once they land is ok as well (Could be job searches, plans to register with a professional association, school, searches for cultural communities/activities etc).

You can add letters from friends explaining that they know of the sponsor's plan to return to Canada....

Last edited:

n1ckeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
thanks for your response, ok I will not include on our detailed explanation that she has plans to work in the future.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
thanks for your response, ok I will not include on our detailed explanation that she has plans to work in the future.
It's not clear from above whether you are the principal applicant or sponsor.

It is okay to include that the principal applicant plans to work in your detailed plans - indeed, will likely raise the credibility of your plans. BUT: it is still the responsibility of the sponsor to show he/she is able to support the principal applicant.

I know this sounds a bit contradictory but it's not - the officers considering the file will be making a judgment on the credibiility of the plans provided. They are more likely to give credence to those plans if a bit more complete and realistic.

n1ckeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
It's not clear from above whether you are the principal applicant or sponsor.

It is okay to include that the principal applicant plans to work in your detailed plans - indeed, will likely raise the credibility of your plans. BUT: it is still the responsibility of the sponsor to show he/she is able to support the principal applicant.

I know this sounds a bit contradictory but it's not - the officers considering the file will be making a judgment on the credibiility of the plans provided. They are more likely to give credence to those plans if a bit more complete and realistic.
sorry, I am the sponsor and yes that's what I was confused with.

So I have arranged employment and basically no housing expenses (living with the parents who own their property already) She is planning to work, but I didnt know if thats okay to mention or not as I thought the whole point is to prove I can personally afford to cover all her needs? thanks again!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

So I have arranged employment and basically no housing expenses (living with the parents who own their property already) She is planning to work, but I didnt know if thats okay to mention or not as I thought the whole point is to prove I can personally afford to cover all her needs? thanks again!
It is fine to mention as part of your plan. Your ability to support is what will be decisive.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
It is ok to mention, but what is actually required is to show that the sponsor will return to Canada, and will support the PA

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Ignore what has been said about it having to be the sponsor that shows all support. IRCC will 100% take into account your spouse's income and income potential in Canada. This is how it is possible for unemployed/stay-at-home/low-income/full-time studying/etc. people to sponsor their spouses. IRCC will look at the WHOLE family financial picture.

If she is currently working, include that info, along with her job searches, how her education/experience will transfer, her income potential in Canada.

n1ckeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
Ignore what has been said about it having to be the sponsor that shows all support. IRCC will 100% take into account your spouse's income and income potential in Canada. This is how it is possible for unemployed/stay-at-home/low-income/full-time studying/etc. people to sponsor their spouses. IRCC will look at the WHOLE family financial picture.

If she is currently working, include that info, along with her job searches, how her education/experience will transfer, her income potential in Canada.
thank you !