+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Employment- PLEASE ADVICE

cecgirl4

Jan 31, 2017
I am about to submit my application and I have a few questions regarding my reference letter.

I worked at Company X for 1.5 years in various roles but I am only claiming points for one of the positions that I held from July 2014-December 2014. I have a letter from my manager that states my duties and pay but not the hours worked or the period I was in that role as she wasn't my immediate supervisor at the time- (the letter is also NOT on letterhead because she has moved departments at the University and no longer has access to it but she has included her business card and I am going to include her email in my application where she states that she does not have access to the letterhead. In that same email she told me to email another individual in HR to receive my record of employment which would have the hours and period worked. I received the letter from HR and it mentions that I worked 35 hours a week and my duration of time employed at the university i.e, the full 1.5 years- Dec 2013-Jan 2015.

So to prove my case, I am planning to including- 1) Reference letter from manager sans letterhead 2)emails wherein she states that she doesn't have access to the letter head+ instructs me to approach HR for this document 3) Letter from HR that shows my full period of employment (Dec 2013-Jan 2015 instead of only the period I am claiming points for (July 2014-Dec 2014) ) 4) T4s + NOA

My questions are;

1) Will that letter from HR suffice? They are unable to provide a detailed letter as I was not a full-employee but a contract one. I was also employed at one of the largest universities in Canada so the company is 100% legit- will this make my case a little easier to navigate?
2) Is the email and business card enough proof to make up for the lack on letterhead?

Please advice. I really appreciate any and all assistance with this. I just want to cover all my bases.

Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - The HR letter by itself won't suffice.

2 - You should notarize such letter and then yes, it will be enough proof.

tphil

Dec 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
cecgirl4 said:
I am about to submit my application and I have a few questions regarding my reference letter.

I worked at Company X for 1.5 years in various roles but I am only claiming points for one of the positions that I held from July 2014-December 2014. I have a letter from my manager that states my duties and pay but not the hours worked or the period I was in that role as she wasn't my immediate supervisor at the time- (the letter is also NOT on letterhead because she has moved departments at the University and no longer has access to it but she has included her business card and I am going to include her email in my application where she states that she does not have access to the letterhead. In that same email she told me to email another individual in HR to receive my record of employment which would have the hours and period worked. I received the letter from HR and it mentions that I worked 35 hours a week and my duration of time employed at the university i.e, the full 1.5 years- Dec 2013-Jan 2015.

So to prove my case, I am planning to including- 1) Reference letter from manager sans letterhead 2)emails wherein she states that she doesn't have access to the letter head+ instructs me to approach HR for this document 3) Letter from HR that shows my full period of employment (Dec 2013-Jan 2015 instead of only the period I am claiming points for (July 2014-Dec 2014) ) 4) T4s + NOA

My questions are;

1) Will that letter from HR suffice? They are unable to provide a detailed letter as I was not a full-employee but a contract one. I was also employed at one of the largest universities in Canada so the company is 100% legit- will this make my case a little easier to navigate?
2) Is the email and business card enough proof to make up for the lack on letterhead?

Please advice. I really appreciate any and all assistance with this. I just want to cover all my bases.

Thanks!
I had a similar situation and submitted emails and copies of my performance appraisal that gave the details that were required. Basically they need to know the duration of employment (the HR letter says that) and whether the duties match the NOC code ( the support letter should state that). Any additional documents (if you have them) such as emails etc. can give the details you need. For example, my job has a training component that was not mentioned in my job letter. I provided copies of emails and meeting appointments to set up and deliver training.

cecgirl4

Jan 31, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
1 - The HR letter by itself won't suffice.

2 - You should notarize such letter and then yes, it will be enough proof.
Thanks DelPiero07. What else do you suggest I include? I have the letter from my manager stating my duties and pay and the general employment letter from HR.

cecgirl4

Jan 31, 2017
tphil said:
I had a similar situation and submitted emails and copies of my performance appraisal that gave the details that were required. Basically they need to know the duration of employment (the HR letter says that) and whether the duties match the NOC code ( the support letter should state that). Any additional documents (if you have them) such as emails etc. can give the details you need. For example, my job has a training component that was not mentioned in my job letter. I provided copies of emails and meeting appointments to set up and deliver training.
I guess my question is a little complicated.... I have a letter from HR that includes the duration of employment. But it includes the entire period I was employed at the company- I wasn't able to get a duration of employment letter specifically for the position I am claiming points for. My question is if this generic record of employment is sufficient for CEC

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
cecgirl4 said:

My questions are;

Thanks!

You can go your local Service Canada location and get register. Once you register you can find all your major employment records. It states your monthly pay, all pay stubs, start and end date, location etc.

Please Google ROE for more information.

rafabr

Mar 13, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2016
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21/02/2017
I've read a case of an applicant that provided an affidavit as the work experience letter, with the same content that is required and he got through.

You can read more about this and try to provide that along with the documents mentioned.

If I find that case's thread I will post it here.

rafabr

Mar 13, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2016
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21/02/2017
rafabr said:
I've read a case of an applicant that provided an affidavit as the work experience letter, with the same content that is required and he got through.

You can read more about this and try to provide that along with the documents mentioned.

If I find that case's thread I will post it here.
Just realized I am not allowed to post links. The website is: fsw2014.info /reference-letter-problems/

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
cecgirl4 said:
1) Reference letter from manager sans letterhead 2)emails wherein she states that she doesn't have access to the letter head+ instructs me to approach HR for this document 3) Letter from HR that shows my full period of employment (Dec 2013-Jan 2015 instead of only the period I am claiming points for (July 2014-Dec 2014) ) 4) T4s + NOA

My questions are;

Ah, well, no, the HR letter by itself will not suffice, but the HR letter in combination with the letter from your supervisor will suffice (along with your employment records (e.g. record of employment, T4, appointment letter / contract if you had one) ) as long as they (combined) cover all the mandatory details:
Dates of employment
Job title(s)
Duties/responsibilities (for the claimed work experience)
Hours worked per week
Salary/wage/remuneration.

There is absolutely no need to have anything "notarized."

As long as your (former) supervisor can be contacted, then it's OK. They really don't expect a former employee to use the letterhead of their former employer (that would be misrepresentation)