+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Employment Letter - Separate letters or One Letter enough

prseeker2017

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

To show Proof of Employment from one of the company where i worked I'm able to get a senior and a peer to vouch for me. These two people were from the same project. Should I get one notarised affidavit mentioning two references or two notarised affidavits1 for each reference, asking coz the content would be same in the letters, only the reference details would change ?

Thanks.

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Hi All,

To show Proof of Employment from one of the company where i worked I'm able to get a senior and a peer to vouch for me. These two people were from the same project. Should I get one notarised affidavit mentioning two references or two notarised affidavits1 for each reference, asking coz the content would be same in the letters, only the reference details would change ?

Thanks.
Technically, I do not think that you need an affidavit in this case. What you could do is take two letters from both individuals and have the notary public notarize them. Also, in this case, remember to take their business cards/official contact information at least. Would be good if the letter is on a company letter head.

Sometimes, the notary will not notarize documents unless the person signing the document is signing it right in front of them, so you might need to go with your references to the notary. Though this step is something I am not sure about.

Hope that helps

S.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Thanks.
You only need ONE reference from your senior. If he is writing that letter on company letter head, then there is no need to get it notarized. He should mention all necessary details, such as your responsibilities, period for which you have worked, and hours per week worked etc.
Good Luck

prseeker2017

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
You only need ONE reference from your senior. If he is writing that letter on company letter head, then there is no need to get it notarized. He should mention all necessary details, such as your responsibilities, period for which you have worked, and hours per week worked etc.
Good Luck
Im sorry I did not provide much details in my posting. The company has not responded to my request to provide Reference letter or in other words I will not be able to get writing on company letter head. My senior or peer have agreed to help me in this regard and hence I would need to have a notarised affidavit. So thats why i was asking if including both my Senior and colleague in the letter would do or should I get different affidavits.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Im sorry I did not provide much details in my posting. The company has not responded to my request to provide Reference letter or in other words I will not be able to get writing on company letter head. My senior or peer have agreed to help me in this regard and hence I would need to have a notarised affidavit. So thats why i was asking if including both my Senior and colleague in the letter would do or should I get different affidavits.
Even in this case you don't need to get reference letters from two people as long as they are going to verify same job responsibilities and details. You will only need one letter, and get it from your senior. His current contact details, and visiting card shall be attached with letter. Thereon follow to get it notarized and it will do the job.
G luck