+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Employment Letter, for CEC.

sidd200970

Jul 4, 2014
ONTARIO
Category........
Other
Hi Guys :),

Can some one help me with samples of Employment letters, I am applying under cec class. I am little bit confused about letter of employment, offer letter and employment record.

Before 1 year cec experience I also worked as General Labor and chef, do I have to provide that record in my profile ?

Your advise will be helpful!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Guys :),
Can some one help me with samples of Employment letters, I am applying under cec class. I am little bit confused about letter of employment, offer letter and employment record.

Letter of employment - Letter from all employers listed in your profile, attesting to your past work experience. Must include job title, dates of employment, job duties/responsibilities, hours worked per week, salary/wage + benefits. These are the most important documents in your application, as proof of your skilled work experience.

See the section on "Proof of work experience" -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Offer letter - this is only required if you are claiming points for a valid job offer (one year or more of employment AFTER you become a PR). Merely having a job in Canada is not the same thing has having a "valid job offer" / or "arranged employment."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

Employment records - supporting documents. For Canadian experience, this could be the T4 and NOA, ROE. Paystubs are not usually needed if you have these other documents.

Before 1 year cec experience I also worked as General Labor and chef, do I have to provide that record in my profile ?

It is not required in your profile, but if you receive an ITA and then complete the eAPR, you have to provide ALL details in your background history.

But the work experience might earn you more points if you include it. General laborer is not skilled and is not eligible. Chef - may be eligible (if it is for at least one year, and you can provide the documents to prove the experience).

damitdada

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Hello sir..

With your help I have been able to come so far with my application...I just have few queries regarding my employment records...

I am providing following documents to prove my employment: 1. selection letter, 2. reference letter (monthly salary mentioned), 3. Consolidated statement of fellowship/salary for three years (as I was a post doctoral fellow).

So, should I include the bank statements demonstrating the deposition of these salary cheques in my savings account. I do have all the statements ready with me (signed, stamped and scanned within 4mb limits). If i include all these statements, will it delay my application as I m giving too much information?

Please reply soon

Thanks a lot
Dr. Amit Trivedi

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello sir..
With your help I have been able to come so far with my application...I just have few queries regarding my employment records...
You need to clarify whether this was in-Canada experience or foreign experience...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I am providing following documents to prove my employment: 1. selection letter, 2. reference letter (monthly salary mentioned),
Does the reference letter include all the required details, including job duties and responsibilities, and hours worked per week?

3. Consolidated statement of fellowship/salary for three years (as I was a post doctoral fellow).
So, should I include the bank statements demonstrating the deposition of these salary cheques in my savings account.
No, esp. not given all the other salary documentation you already have.

I do have all the statements ready with me (signed, stamped and scanned within 4mb limits). If i include all these statements, will it delay my application as I m giving too much information?
It is completely unneccesary. You wouldn't want to annoy the VO, would you? : )

Reactions: damitdada

epicjean

Oct 17, 2017
Hi,
follow this thread I just want to ask a simple question.
My company gave me the proof of work experience. It is more like a form not a letter, but it contains my name, birthday, work time, my job title and duties, and salary, all of the information a employment letter required. It's also signed by the chairman of the company. Is this considered a valid letter of employment?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,
follow this thread I just want to ask a simple question.
My company gave me the proof of work experience. It is more like a form not a letter, but it contains my name, birthday, work time, my job title and duties, and salary, all of the information a employment letter required. It's also signed by the chairman of the company. Is this considered a valid letter of employment?
As long as it is on letterhead and/or contains contact info for the person who signed it, along with the required details, it does not matter whether it looks like a form or a letter. HOWEVER, It MUST have a date at the top (or show the date the document was prepared/issued), like a letter usually does.

Reactions: epicjean

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
As long as it is on letterhead and/or contains contact info for the person who signed it, along with the required details, it does not matter whether it looks like a form or a letter. HOWEVER, It MUST have a date at the top (or show the date the document was prepared/issued), like a letter usually does.
Hello,

Are the work times mandatory for the letter ? One of the company I worked for said they cannot provide work timing as asked in the CIC site.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello,

Are the work times mandatory for the letter ? One of the company I worked for said they cannot provide work timing as asked in the CIC site.
Of course, dates of employment are mandatory, otherwise IRCC will not have any evidence of the number of years of experience.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Of course, dates of employment are mandatory, otherwise IRCC will not have any evidence of the number of years of experience.
By work times I meant the working hours. Sorry for the confusion :) , the employment dates are there but no working hours. Like 9am to 5pm etc. Is that a problem ?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
By work times I meant the working hours. Sorry for the confusion :) , the employment dates are there but no working hours. Like 9am to 5pm etc. Is that a problem ?
If IRCC wanted that info, they would have asked for it : ) Number of hours worked per week is mandatory, tho.

Stefanija89.

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Maybe dumb but for CEC apart from e.letter where I claim my full year of experience, should I also ask for employment letter for my part time job that I had during my studies. I know it doesn't add any points but I just want to make sure. Also, apart from the letter and pay stubs, should I include tax forms? Some people say yes it is mandatory some people say no :( Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Maybe dumb but for CEC apart from e.letter where I claim my full year of experience, should I also ask for employment letter for my part time job that I had during my studies. I know it doesn't add any points but I just want to make sure.

No. Just be sure to list it in your Background history.

Also, apart from the letter and pay stubs, should I include tax forms? Some people say yes it is mandatory some people say no :( Thanks

Paystubs aren't mandatory either, but some supporting documents are. If you have your T4s and NOAs, it is a good idea to include them, those are IRCC's preferred documents. You want to make it easy for the VO to say yes. So withholding them does not benefit you.