Oct 24, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-07-2018
Hello Members,

My employer are issuing letters with job roles and responsibilities and other criteria from the checklist as well. However, they do not list all the designations served during employment (only the last one is mentioned on the letter) and no work hours mentioned (only full-time employee mentioned). It is company policy not to list those on the employment reference letter.

I have the email from company stating the policy. Please guide on what other documents should be used in order to justify the work hours per week and designations.

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
I have submitted it like this..
The last designation would be fine.
Full time employee mentioned would be fine.
Give an explanation letter from you mention that full time means, so and so hours etc..That should be ok.
All the best!

ABhola

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-07-2018
I have submitted it like this..
The last designation would be fine.
Full time employee mentioned would be fine.
Give an explanation letter from you mention that full time means, so and so hours etc..That should be ok.
All the best!
ok, thanks Anoop.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Hello Members,

My employer are issuing letters with job roles and responsibilities and other criteria from the checklist as well. However, they do not list all the designations served during employment (only the last one is mentioned on the letter) and no work hours mentioned (only full-time employee mentioned). It is company policy not to list those on the employment reference letter.

I have the email from company stating the policy. Please guide on what other documents should be used in order to justify the work hours per week and designations.
Hi, are you claiming just the one work experience from this employer. Rightfully if you are claiming say 2 or more then you should have the corresponding number of letters. Or if the same letter can explain both the work experience you are claiming then you can just upload it twice.

ABhola

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-07-2018
Hi, are you claiming just the one work experience from this employer. Rightfully if you are claiming say 2 or more then you should have the corresponding number of letters. Or if the same letter can explain both the work experience you are claiming then you can just upload it twice.
The NOC is same for all designations served with the employer. I guess a single experience letter with all the job responsibilities listed would serve the purpose. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

2easy4you

Nov 27, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
25 May 2018
The NOC is same for all designations served with the employer. I guess a single experience letter with all the job responsibilities listed would serve the purpose. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.
I had one reference letter from the employer with two periods of work written there. "This guy worked here as an Internal Auditor from 31.10.2011 to 08.03.13 and from 01.02.14 to 15.05.15...." And then uploaded the same letter twice in my EE profile adding a letter of explanation why I did so.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
I can't say for sure...the more details you can put in there the better. I would have it time based to explain what the roles were. Maybe you can write it up and ask your HR to print it on the letterhead and get your superior to sign it. That would be the safest.

ABhola

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-07-2018
I can't say for sure...the more details you can put in there the better. I would have it time based to explain what the roles were. Maybe you can write it up and ask your HR to print it on the letterhead and get your superior to sign it. That would be the safest.
They wont do that. I tried to get it this way but they dont have the policy. I guess I need to submit supporting documents for my case.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Hello Members,

Don't take any chance. If possible, prepare an employment letter in the required format(all positions, job duties, time spent on each job level, no. of work hours and salary with benefits), get this letter signed from your manager & colleague and then notarize it.
Many employers don't give info as per the IRCC format. The notarized letter is accepted in those cases.
Providing both letters (employer + notarized) make sure that the info shared is legit.

In your LoE, mention this that the employer is not providing the employment proof in the IRCC mandated format and that is why you are providing additional proof to support your claims.
This will do the trick. Good luck!

Reactions: ABhola

ABhola

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-07-2018
Don't take any chance. If possible, prepare an employment letter in the required format(all positions, job duties, time spent on each job level, no. of work hours and salary with benefits), get this letter signed from your manager & colleague and then notarize it.
Many employers don't give info as per the IRCC format. The notarized letter is accepted in those cases.
Providing both letters (employer + notarized) make sure that the info shared is legit.

In your LoE, mention this that the employer is not providing the employment proof in the IRCC mandated format and that is why you are providing additional proof to support your claims.
I guess it's a little extra but this would make the case more concrete. Thanks Harry.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016

Yeap. That's correct. So sometimes like they say you need to get a favour from your boss and get it in the format they ask for. Good luck

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
I guess it's a little extra but this would make the case more concrete. Thanks Harry.
It's not extra. Many consultants and lawyers suggest to do so. This is meeting the requirement not doing extra as your employer is not giving proof in the CIC format. I did it and my PR processing went smoothly. CIC didn't even call my office to confirm my duties or anything.

atul1210

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
hi friends i also have a query regarding work experience letter.

I was in a job till May, 2011 only and since then working on my own. In my EE profile I mentioned work experience from May 2006 till May 2011 only which gives me points for 3 yrs or more of WE. I got ITA recently and wishh to submit the docs asap. The reference letter issued by the employer which was same for this entire period mentions 3 different roles I handled during this time. The ref letter also mentions employment as full time but does not mention the no. of hours worked per week. Also the tenure of each role is also not mentioned. When I asked the HR to mention these things on the ref letter, they denied saying that this is the standard format they follow for issuing ref letters and they issue a lot of such letters every month and no one has ever com back and asked for these details on the letter. On insisting, they have however given the individual role tenures on email to me which I m thinking of using to support the period I will mention in the profile.

Is it the right thing to do......just want to be sure before submitting?

Please note that I do not have any promotion letter with me. So the docs I have are Ref letter, Initial Offer letter and last few months salary slips and relieving letter.

I am also not submitting any docs for my self employment as it is cumbersome to obtain ref letters from customers

Last edited:

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
1) You mentioned you performed 3 roles during tenure. Does any of that role has 3 years and does that matches the NOC code selected? I submitted only my last role in document as I too got promoted during tenure. I mentioned last role was my role during the duration i submitted.

2) Full time mentioning would be fine. Make a explanation letter that full time in your country means this much hours!

3) submitting 3 years proof is enough. Rest duration, you should be able to explain in personal history section.