+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Employment - advice, as not able to obtain all letters of employment

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
I'm just getting my documents ready to submit my PR application through Express Entry. The application has asked for employment history. I've got most letters of reference from my more recent employers over the past 10 years. But there is one where I don't have for dates 2001-2003. However, I know in the past when I asked if they can write me a reference letter, they said they don't have exact dates as they no longer haver my records as its over 10 years, and since its been such a long time, I'm not sure if they were reluctant to do so.
CIC does say its mandatory to submit work history info, but I'm a bit stuck if i can't get a letter for my employer for this time. I was wondering how strict CIC is, and what else I should do to cover myself. I have a transfer certificate from payroll which gives some information what they've paid me but it's not very detailed. Would this be sufficient to submit as proof of employment?
Many thanks in advance.

AnnaBG

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my country people who cannot obtain reference letter go to the National Social Security Institute. There is a work info for everyone who has been working AND having their taxes paid by the employer. Some of the people I know that live there used the document from the NSSI that includes info when and where they were working.
The thing is that there are no duties included in this document but still they got approved.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miss_mp said:
I'm just getting my documents ready to submit my PR application through Express Entry. The application has asked for employment history. I've got most letters of reference from my more recent employers over the past 10 years. But there is one where I don't have for dates 2001-2003. However, I know in the past when I asked if they can write me a reference letter, they said they don't have exact dates as they no longer haver my records as its over 10 years, and since its been such a long time, I'm not sure if they were reluctant to do so.
CIC does say its mandatory to submit work history info, but I'm a bit stuck if i can't get a letter for my employer for this time. I was wondering how strict CIC is, and what else I should do to cover myself. I have a transfer certificate from payroll which gives some information what they've paid me but it's not very detailed. Would this be sufficient to submit as proof of employment?
Many thanks in advance.
It is not mandatory to show all your work experience. I think anything more than 3 years of foreign work experience with your CLB will fetch you best possible CRS score.

If you cannot get the documents, leave this work experience out and mention it in personal history.

ParvezPatel

Jul 19, 2016
Hi,

I have my work experience from UK. Apparently in the UK, none of the companies provide experience certificate.

However, the HMRC (Revenue and customs department) of UK has a facility to provide a employment history. However, this will not include any job description. Would this be accepted as a proof of experience?

Appreciate your expert advice.

Parvez