+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of completion of secondary or post-secondary education in English or French, in Canada or abroad

gnazaryan

Aug 8, 2013
Hi Experts,

In the CIC webisite it is mentioned if the instruction language of a post graduate education was in english, then it will be considered as a proof of language requirement for english for the citizenship application

My Master's degree was instructed in english and I have both Diploma and Transcripts written in english language, but both in transcript and diploma does not include instruction language information. I believe no transcript or diploma usually include language the courses were instructed.

Do you know, should I request the university to provide a letter regarding the language of instruction?

Appreciate your answers

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Hi Experts,

In the CIC webisite it is mentioned if the instruction language of a post graduate education was in english, then it will be considered as a proof of language requirement for english for the citizenship application

My Master's degree was instructed in english and I have both Diploma and Transcripts written in english language, but both in transcript and diploma does not include instruction language information. I believe no transcript or diploma usually include language the courses were instructed.

Do you know, should I request the university to provide a letter regarding the language of instruction?

Appreciate your answers
Hi,
Looking at your other post titled "Canada citizenship proof of english knowledge" I understand you already have the IELTS as part of the PR process that demonstrated then/now your language requirement.

Also, the document checklist for citizenship application does not ask for any educational transcripts or diploma (not explicitly unless you have any additional supporting evidence for being a Canadian medical practitioner). So I don't see any further need to attach additional documents other than that listed in the checklist.

gnazaryan

Aug 8, 2013
Hi,
Looking at your other post titled "Canada citizenship proof of english knowledge" I understand you already have the IELTS as part of the PR process that demonstrated then/now your language requirement.

Also, the document checklist for citizenship application does not ask for any educational transcripts or diploma (not explicitly unless you have any additional supporting evidence for being a Canadian medical practitioner). So I don't see any further need to attach additional documents other than that listed in the checklist.
Thank you for your reply,

The IELTS score result I did submit to CIC with my application for Federal skilled worker class permanent residentship. Because I attached the original copy, I did not keep a copy 3 years ago, and now I do not have the copy of IELTS score and IELTS does not provide score results older than 2 years. I made a request to ATIP so they send me copy of my IELTS results, but they replied they can't find that information any more.

So I am left with my Master's and Bachelor's diplomas and transcripts, I did ask my university and they are positive they can send a letter to state the language of instruction. Probably I will have to wait until they send me a sealed letter regarding the language instruction.

Or if otherwise you say I don't have to wait to the letter from university and can apply with the diplomas and transcripts only as a proof of english language.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Thank you for your reply,

The IELTS score result I did submit to CIC with my application for Federal skilled worker class permanent residentship. Because I attached the original copy, I did not keep a copy 3 years ago, and now I do not have the copy of IELTS score and IELTS does not provide score results older than 2 years. I made a request to ATIP so they send me copy of my IELTS results, but they replied they can't find that information any more.

So I am left with my Master's and Bachelor's diplomas and transcripts, I did ask my university and they are positive they can send a letter to state the language of instruction. Probably I will have to wait until they send me a sealed letter regarding the language instruction.

Or if otherwise you say I don't have to wait to the letter from university and can apply with the diplomas and transcripts only as a proof of english language.
Hi,
Since the Masters and Bachelor's certificates and transcripts are in English, as well as the fact that you had provided them IELTS during the PR process I dont see a point in waiting to get a letter from your univeraity stating the language of instruction was English.
If in your situation, I would ask the University for that letter but on the side will complete my citizenship application including the diploma and transcripts with a letter of explanation about the medium of instruction being English and send it to IRCC to get started with the processing. I think this should be sufficient. And then send the letter from the university as and when it comes if IRCC hasn't returned your application by then saying it was incomplete due to the language requirement. On the optimistic side, if you get an AOR before you get the letter from your university then you dont have to worry as AOR means IRCC is satisfied with the documents provided with the application to further work on your citizenship case. And later if it still requires any clarification about the language of instruction they will ask for specific details and you may provide them with whats asked for then.

Reactions: gnazaryan