+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Communication Translated

bel11

Dec 7, 2020
Can anyone confirm if this should be done here in Canada? I was thinking of having it translated back home and notarized and send to me together with my spouse’s documents and signed forms so it’s cheaper and easier. Please help. Thank you.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Can anyone confirm if this should be done here in Canada? I was thinking of having it translated back home and notarized and send to me together with my spouse’s documents and signed forms so it’s cheaper and easier. Please help. Thank you.
Yes you can. IRCC's rules indicate that it's possible. But do you trust the quality and completeness of the translation that you will get? Do you know exactly what the final documents should look like? You will need to make sure they did it properly, otherwise it will cost you more time and to have it redone again. We did the translation like you are suggesting, in retrospect, it was a lot of headaches and frequent trips to make sure everything is how it should be. Not worth it in my opinion.

bel11

Dec 7, 2020
They have quoted me $45 per page here in Canada and I think that’s really expensive. Do you recommend to just have it translated here by not a certified one and just have an affidavit and have it notarized?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
They have quoted me $45 per page here in Canada and I think that’s really expensive. Do you recommend to just have it translated here by not a certified one and just have an affidavit and have it notarized?
If IRCC wants a certified translation, you must provide that. Don't get me wrong, translations from outside Canada work just fine, you just have to check things thoroughly. I just wanted to give you the full picture, but the decision is yours.