Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
A statutory document is one that is notarized. Any lawyer is also a notary public and can notarize documents (in Canada).
For the house, and joint assets, it depends on the province. In most provinces, the house you two live in together is called the matrimonial home, and will be split 50-50 when you break up. It does not matter who bought it, whose name is on the mortgage, etc. However, for everything else the couple owns, who bought it, who owns it, whether one partner brought it into the relationship, etc. does matter.

outlookcanada

Feb 1, 2015
hi everyone, i am back with same question! lol

still the proof of Cohabitation bothering me,

here is my solution, First one, ask my neighbors to write us a letter indicate me and my gf are living together.

Second one, me and my gf can sign a Cohabitation Agreement,and get notarized.

which one you guys think is better?

thank you.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
Hi guys were planning to apply PR next year in 2016; common law sponsorship.
I really need some advice from you guys about the papers needed in CIC, we want to be well prepared before we start our application in 2016.

on june 2015, the first day of our cohabitation and we will apply for joint accounts like phone plan, credit card etc etc.

Were planning to submit the following To cic:
1. 4 letters from our family and friends ( 1 family member and one close friend)
2. 50 Photos with captions ( pictures together with our friends only, we dont have a picture with my famiLy , but we will include screenshots of skype talking with my sister and my mom)
3. Conversation in facebook from 2013 And call logs in tango and in facebook.
4. Joint bank account
5. Joint lease/joint home contract
6. credit card of my partner and im being his supplementary
7. seperate mails with the same address
8. Life insurance and me as his beneficiary
9. his plane ticket to prove that he visited me once in my country during our 6th monthsary, but were planning to visit in US on december 2015 and were planning to submit our plane ticket together
10. One letter mail ( he send this to me via courier during our first monthsary) And im planning to include also another letter he made last christmas but his friend is the one who gave it to me since he did not visit me Last christmas.there is a date indicated on the letter.
11. 2 screenshot of our facetime during our long distance relationship.
12. seperate bills send in our address, ( me- electricity him-water, phone plan)
13. Joint purchase of home items/furnitures with both names on the receipt
14. Seperate Goverment ID and school id with same address
15. im planning to submit the receipt of payment of ring that we bought and pictures of gift we gave to each other

what can you say guys?

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
superman2012 said:
Hi guys were planning to apply PR next year in 2016; common law sponsorship.
I really need some advice from you guys about the papers needed in CIC, we want to be well prepared before we start our application in 2016.

on june 2015, the first day of our cohabitation and we will apply for joint accounts like phone plan, credit card etc etc.

Were planning to submit the following To cic:
1. 4 letters from our family and friends ( 1 family member and one close friend)
2. 50 Photos with captions ( pictures together with our friends only, we dont have a picture with my famiLy , but we will include screenshots of skype talking with my sister and my mom)
3. Conversation in facebook from 2013 And call logs in tango and in facebook.
4. Joint bank account
5. Joint lease/joint home contract
6. credit card of my partner and im being his supplementary
7. seperate mails with the same address
8. Life insurance and me as his beneficiary
9. his plane ticket to prove that he visited me once in my country during our 6th monthsary, but were planning to visit in US on december 2015 and were planning to submit our plane ticket together
10. One letter mail ( he send this to me via courier during our first monthsary) And im planning to include also another letter he made last christmas but his friend is the one who gave it to me since he did not visit me Last christmas.there is a date indicated on the letter.
11. 2 screenshot of our facetime during our long distance relationship.
12. seperate bills send in our address, ( me- electricity him-water, phone plan)
13. Joint purchase of home items/furnitures with both names on the receipt
14. Seperate Goverment ID and school id with same address
15. im planning to submit the receipt of payment of ring that we bought and pictures of gift we gave to each other

what can you say guys?
Sounds great to me! :)

salvatore270

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, guys! I am a student from Italy, will apply for Study Permit (PhD in Classics at Western Ontario) and an Open Work Permit for my partner (from Slovakia). I am 24 years old, and she is 25 years old: we don't have any life insurance together (although she indicated me as beneficiary of her pension in case of death) or joint bank account together

We will submit the following documents:

- joint lease agreements;
- notarized statutory declaration of common-law union;
- at least 200 pictures with date spread across 4 years from all the travels we have done together, and all the places we have been together;
- pictures showing our two families met several times;
- an explanation letter signed by both of us describing our story;
- 2 notarized letters from our family members;
- tickets and holiday summary of us together or me visiting her (and vice versa);
- her last 6/7 payslips;
- recommendation from her area manager;
- bank reference from my partner's bank;
- bank reference from her parents saying that basically they support her for whatever need she might have while in Canada;
- 300 pages of skype transcripts from the months we were apart;
- 50 pages of facebook transcript showing we have been knowing even before we were officially together;

would that be enough in your opinion?

stephcy

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
22-10-2015
File Transfer...
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
DECISION MADE 07.03.2016 - no passport request
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR 14.03.2016
LANDED..........
19-03-2016
Hey guys,

quick question. We will be applying with my partner for common-law sponsorship very soon. As I'm not on the rental lease, I'm preparing a letter that our landlord will sign that we are both living under that address for a year now. Does that letter needs to notarized?

Diara

Sep 9, 2015
Hi guys.
My boyfriend and I we are on a student visas, we want to leave our college and migrated. My boyfriend will continue study in another institution.We don't know what we should do.... Like register a marriage or common in low?
Or official marriage wont be considered as a true, just like the reason to stay in Canada...
What to do? We really want to be together.

sibylle88

Sep 10, 2015
How big of a deal is it that we didn't change all our documents to our current address?

Our current place was always meant to be temporary, so he still has his license, passport and bank account registered at his parents house. My license is still registered to my old student house. We did open a joint bank account to this address, but only this August (living together since May). We have just moved around so much in the past year, it never made sense to keep changing things. Bills and utilities are usually included in rent in this area so only have tenancy agreements signed by both of us.

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
sibylle88 said:
How big of a deal is it that we didn't change all our documents to our current address?

Our current place was always meant to be temporary, so he still has his license, passport and bank account registered at his parents house. My license is still registered to my old student house. We did open a joint bank account to this address, but only this August (living together since May). We have just moved around so much in the past year, it never made sense to keep changing things. Bills and utilities are usually included in rent in this area so only have tenancy agreements signed by both of us.
I would change DLs to your current address, and most other important documents. For example when you file your taxes, that information should go to your new address.

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 08/06/2015 DM: 10/31/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
outlookcanada said:
hi everyone, i am back with same question! lol

still the proof of Cohabitation bothering me,

here is my solution, First one, ask my neighbors to write us a letter indicate me and my gf are living together.

Second one, me and my gf can sign a Cohabitation Agreement,and get notarized.

which one you guys think is better?

thank you.
The notarized document as you are making an oath that what is stated is the truth.

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
sibylle88 said:
Thing is we have to move out by December. So thats what I mean there wasn't much point.
the point would be to have a successful application.

Only you and your spouse can determine what effort and time that is worth to you. :)

sibylle88

Sep 10, 2015
Most people don't move in together with the assumption that they will need proof of it later. When we moved in together we had no intention of going the spousal sponsorship route. I don't know anyone who changes their major documents from their parents address until they are pretty well settled somewhere. I would think many couples are in similar situations when they first move in, so rather than comments on what we should have done in hindsight, I was really looking for advice on what we could do now to strengthen our evidence.