+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of citizenship-multiple applications

Mark111

Jul 21, 2022
I submitted an application for proof of citizenship a month ago (child born outside Canada to Canadian citizen). Received email that application had been received and would be reviewed. Was looking over my copy of the application and realized I had dated it with the year 2020 by mistake. Clearly it will be rejected so I sent a new application package. Do I need to withdraw the first one or just let it get rejected? Found this info but it is not clear to me what to do:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-multiple-applications.html

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I don't think it's obvious that they will reject it, they may well decide it's just a typo and proceed.

Since they've already taken it for processing, I'd leave it. Just one opinion though.

Mark111

Jul 21, 2022
Thanks for the response. I assumed it would be rejected as the instructions explicitly say the application will be rejected if it is stale dated ( dated more than 3 or 6 months before they receive it…..don’t remember which of these it was). The date it was signed was June 22 so it said 6-22 and as I reviewed it, the 6-22 must have tricked my brain into thinking I had put the correct year ☹